Sr. QA Engineer - Big Data, Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse
Gap Inc is looking for a highly motivated Quality Engineer III with a focused background in Big Data, BI, and Data Warehousing. You will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team responsible for building a customer-centric data-platform supporting our Omni-channel business, seamless inventory management and PRODUCT 3.0 company initiatives. As a Quality Engineer, you will architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Quality and Testing Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of Gap's Information quality and testing architecture and frameworks while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world-class testing solutions.
- This individual will serve as the Senior Engineer to a group of quality engineers and quality analysts, who design and build quality assurance methods and tools and execute assurance processes for Gap's reporting, data warehousing and analytics business function.
- Lead business intelligence QA teams, setting measurable team goals/deliverables and directing/mentoring/ Quality Engineers and Analysts for the quality process;
- Deliver projects by managing onshore and offshore model, cross functional QA teams as a part of project teams.
- The individual provides resource management and technical oversight to both Gap employees and to multiple vendor/third party consultants fulfilling the roles of quality assurance and release engineers.
- For direct employee reports, they provide career coaching, goals and mentoring.
- They also ensure that development projects and production support follow processes to ensure data quality, will drive test automation and will be hands-on as needed.
- Develop methods for project teams to use to test extract/transform/load (ETL) scripts and business intelligence reports.
- Support Agile development by automating builds, supporting continuous integration and testing to the extent practical in the BI/EDW environment.
- Document and implement a testing strategy, including test automation, for ETL and reporting tools.
- Manage code migration and software change management of ETL scripts and reporting objects via a CI-CD process.
- Implement and operate process and tools for Microstrategy, Essbase, Datastage and Github source code control. Develop code branching and merging strategy to allow parallel development.
- Develop processes for monitoring performance of reporting layer (Microstrategy, Essbase, Hyperion Financial Reporting), providing performance/capacity reporting and capacity planning.
- Lead key interactions with Data Warehouse architects, engineers, and project teams. Take ownership and drive closure of quality issues.
- Clear understanding of continuous integration, automated testing, and code branching and merging processes.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Skill: SQL is essential
- BigData Applications: Hadoop, Azure, Pig, Hive, Python, SQL, Teradata, Microstrategy, and Talend or ETL tools (Datastage);
- Business Intelligence (BI) Tools: Microstrategy, Power BI, Cognos, or Crystal;
- Databases: Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle & Hadoop
- Virtualization: Denodo
- Agile methodology
- Scheduling Tool: Cawa
- Continuous Integration-Continuous Development(CI-CD) tools: SVN, Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, PIG Unit, HIVE Unit, RUnit, Gradle
- 4-5 years managing a Quality Assurance team
- 5-7 years Quality Assurance and/or Engineering experience.
- Hands on knowledge of test automation (GUI and API level) and framework design
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience; Advanced degree
- Experience with Agile or Scrum development processes
- Ability to lead/develop/direct individual team members
- Ability to work with and lead multiple vendor partners
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top