Sr. Product Manager eCommerce
The Customer Experience Product Management team at Gap Inc is responsible for creating a best in class digital brand experience. The work of product management impacts all brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands.
This is the team that ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.'s portfolio of specialty apparel brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Our proprietary, multi-brand shopping platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences across all of our brands. We are expanding our platform to enhance omni-channel capabilities, launch international markets, optimize mobile and tablet experiences, and support the growth of our retail store fleet.
Product Manager – Ecommerce Customer Experience identify high-value opportunities and work directly with user experience design and engineers to continuously improve the experience for both external and internal customers. The role requires a combination of business savvy and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced product managers with an inquisitive nature and an inherent love for products.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management, Customer Experience.
you get to do:
- Serve as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
- Own and execute on product strategy and influence the direction of consumer experience for our world class brands
- Test and learn into compelling customer experiences
- Champion the needs of the customer and business stakeholders throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with local and distributed business partners and agile/lean development teams
- Deliver software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
- Identify multiple approaches and negotiate trade-offs with stakeholders
- Partner with user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Work with business teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed
- Conduct analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Identify new opportunities and develop technology solutions that drive value for Gap Inc., including:
o Gathering input from our customers and internal and external sources
o Justifying and prioritizing roadmaps, development initiatives and expenditures
o Testing and learning into new experiences
o Analyzing competitors and market trends
o Evaluating new technologies
- 4-7 years of digital product management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Hands-on experience building customer-facing web software or implementing enterprise solutions
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the customer needs, achieved business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams
- Ability to work independently with "make it happen" attitude; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner; calm and efficient under pressure
- Be versatile and be able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast paced environment with tough deadlines
- Demonstrated technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs; able to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation format to business leaders at all levels and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented; proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Agile, Lean or other iterative development processes
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top