Software Development Engineer Internship
Gap Inc. Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and this isn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (tentative start date – June 11, 2018), you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to take risks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transforming retail technology. Ready to get started?
What's In It for You?
As a Gap Inc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders in technology and digital. You will work on individual projects as well as a challenging group project that you will present to senior management at the end of the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We invite you to participate in events, such as a San Francisco Giants game, bowling nights, ping pong social clubs, happy hours, art galleries, interactive museums, and volunteering in the community.
Here's what you will do all summer!
We are expanding our retail operations globally and delivering a software platform that can quickly be adapted to different country requirements. Learn each facet of the SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) using Agile Methodology/Delivery and rotate into each role on the team.
- Participate in an Agile work environment, pair with Senior Developers and QA Engineers to produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices
- Join in bi-weekly showcases, daily standup meetings, and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Use TDD (test driven development) practices with other Engineers, and Product Managers
- Learn hands-on use of development tools including Eclipse IDE and/or XCode
- Gain exposure to Continuous Integration and tools like Jenkins, Ruby, RSpec, Watir, Cucumber, SQL and NoSQL is a plus
- Create automated test cases in partnership with Developers and Product Managers
- Develop expertise in open-source automation and testing tools including Ruby, RSpec, Watir, Cucumber, Appium, SQL and NoSQL to automate effective tests of UI and server-side components
- Learn creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites
Here'swhat you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate orgraduate student with one year or less left to graduate in ManagementInformation Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, IntegratedSystems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree with a GPAof 3.0 or above
- Exposure to ObjectOriented principles (Analysis and Design)
- Some experienceand/or a strong desire to learn one or more of the following (it is understoodthat a candidate intern's experience might vary widely from an academic,hobbyist, personal or professional projects):
- Mobile developmentwith XCode and hybrid apps
- Java technologies,including Servlets, Struts/Tiles, JSP, JDBC, JMS, Spring, etc.
- Relationaldatabase concepts and data access (JDBC/DAO/SQL)
- Test automationtools (open source tools/language Ruby, Rails, Watir or equivalent is a plus)preferred
- Defect managementsystems
- A desire to evolveexcellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top