Software Development Engineer Internship
Gap Inc.Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edgeskills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and thisisn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (tentative startdate – June 11, 2018), you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to takerisks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transformingretail technology. Ready to get started? What's In It for You? As a GapInc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders intechnology and digital. You will work on individual projects as well as achallenging group project that you will present to senior management at the endof the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We inviteyou to participate in events, such as a San Francisco Giants game, bowlingnights, ping pong social clubs, happy hours, art galleries, interactivemuseums, and volunteering in the community. Here's what you will do all summer! We areexpanding our retail operations globally and delivering a software platformthat can quickly be adapted to different country requirements. Learn each facetof the SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) using Agile Methodology/Deliveryand rotate into each role on the team. Participate in an Agile work environment, pairwith Senior Developers and QA Engineers to produce and deliver code and/or testcases using Agile practices Join in bi-weekly showcases, daily standupmeetings, and bi-weekly retrospectives Use TDD (test driven development) practices withother Engineers, and Product Managers Learn hands-on use of development toolsincluding Eclipse IDE and/or XCode Gain exposure to Continuous Integration andtools like Jenkins, Ruby, RSpec, Watir, Cucumber, SQL and NoSQL is a plus Create automated test cases in partnership withDevelopers and Product Managers Develop expertise in open-source automation andtesting tools including Ruby, RSpec, Watir, Cucumber, Appium, SQL and NoSQL toautomate effective tests of UI and server-side components Learn creating repeatable, maintainable,automated test suites
Here's what you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate or graduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Integrated Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Exposure to Object Oriented principles (Analysis and Design)
- Some experience and/or a strong desire to learn one or more of the following (it is understood that a candidate intern's experience might vary widely from an academic, hobbyist, personal or professional projects):
- Mobile development with XCode and hybrid apps
- Java technologies, including Servlets, Struts/Tiles, JSP, JDBC, JMS, Spring, etc.
- Relational database concepts and data access (JDBC/DAO/SQL)
- Test automation tools (open source tools/language Ruby, Rails, Watir or equivalent is a plus) preferred
- Defect management systems
- A desire to evolve excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top