Senior Security Engineer
The Senior Engineer in Information Security reports to the Director of Data & Infrastructure Protection, and is a member of a larger Security Engineering and Operations (SecOps) organization that designs, deploys and operates security tools. This is a hands-on technical role, leading projects, mentoring local and remote security teams, providing technical guidance, architecting solutions and services deploying security in depth across Gap Inc. You will use your passion for security and to help shape and drive key initiatives throughout the organization, working daily with Product Development, Operations, HR, Finance, and Legal.
- Take ownership of key initiatives, coordinating strategies with other members of the InfoSec team and Business leaders to execute
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Articulation of consistent security principles and technology standards that guide design engineering and deployment of secure GapTech products
- Communicate data protection and secured infrastructure patterns that help mitigate security risks within the GapTech environment – both on premise and cloud
- Provide thought leadership using business communications, active collaboration, and leading cross-functional groups to deliver security goals
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, encryption, and systems security
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- 8+ years of IT experience
- At least 5+ years of security technology experience supporting production system management in a Linux and Windows technical environment.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience automating via Chef, Puppet
- Demonstrated experience build and operating effective remediation and vulnerability management programs
- Strong knowledge of encryption and tokenization technologies
- Strong Knowledge of DBMS security
- Experience with securing cloud computing platform (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)
- Security certifications or equivalent of CISSP, CCNE, RSA, or GIAC
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top