Senior Manager, Web Content Development
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
At Gap Inc., we work hard and play hard together. Our goal is simple. When it comes to the best products and advice, we want to be the ultimate source for active men.
We're looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
• Team manager with direct reports the develops and codes marketing site content and feature development.
• Manage brand relationship with brand production, marketing and creative teams.
• Utilizes strong communication skills to inform production teams of status and to resolve conflict where confusion may arise.
• Ownership of advanced WCD development on the site for both marketing and functional specifications.
• Ownership of website performance.
• Create new tools for knowledge sharing, and process improvements within the Web Content Development team.
• Supervision of tech designers including coaching and mentoring.
• Work closely with our GapTech (IT) development on challenging technical features.
• Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs.
• Manage all marketing materials coming in from production and assign out tasks to tech design team.
• Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages.
• Own deliverables of tasks making sure his/her team is on target.
• Proactively define and communicate risks with production and upper-management.
• Asset management and code version control (Github preferred).Key Experiences:
• 5 years (minimum) web site production and programming experience.
• 3 years E-commerce site development.
• 3 years' experience leading development teams.
• 2 years of college or equivalent experience
• Marketing and design background preferred. User Interface design background a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to establish solid productive relationships leading a team working with other cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability managing, developing and mentoring team members
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines. Demonstrated ability to handle and manage conflict
• Proficient in Web production tools (FTP, Telnet, and Text Editors)
• Proficient in OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) techniques
• Experience with various Version Control Software (CVS, Subversion, VSS)
• Proficient with cross-platform and browser compatibility issues.
• Technically proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
• Familiarity with SEO and accessibility compliancy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top