Senior Manager Technology, Customer Success
In GapTech, we are obsessed with our internal customers' success. We set the bar high and our goal is to always deliver value to our customers and exceed their expectations. The Sr Manager, Customer Support is a key role in a service focused organization that places its customers and its people at the heart of its culture.
The Sr Manager, Customer Support is responsible for tech service & support for Gap Inc. HQ employees in North America. The role leads desktop support services provided at our Tech Bars and deskside with our customers, hardware procurement and asset management, plus executive and specialized business support. They will work closely with the Customer Success Service Desk team leveraging best practices and ensuring consistent delivery through all service channels. This role may scale the organization across new customer segments and geographies in future.
The Sr Manager, Customer Support is also responsible for the continued transformation of the service & support into a highly customer centric and innovative function that consistently delights customers, delivers continuously improving results and fosters cooperation with all Gap teams and relevant vendors. This role will utilize his/her expertise in the area of Service Management to assess the current GapTech customer service offerings and recommend/implement changes in order to achieve the overall goal of customer success.
- Contribute to the creation of the long term GapTech Customer Success strategy. Own the strategy for Customer Support. Creating an operational plan that executes the strategy with a focus on customer experience, innovation and business value.
- Development, monitoring, and analize service delivery metrics. Drive the continuous improvement process to ensure SLA's are continually met and continually improved.
- Define and establish a continuous improvement program that raises the service to world class for knowledge management, incident resolution and self-service. When applicable, coordinate with problem management to support root-cause analysis to identify and correct major problems.
- Lead a team comprised of FTE and contractors to meet and exceed service levels while maintaining annual budget +/- 5%.
- Establish clear goals and performance objectives that are aligned to the team vision, strategic direction and GapTech's values. Inspire and drive high performance and collaboration. Measure performance against results and reward initiative, innovation, discipline and operational excellence.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with GapTech Leadership regarding service delivery strategy, initiatives, performance, concerns, etc.
- Collaborate with Brands to identify applications that require SME support. Create support structure to meet customers' requirements.
- Oversee hardware procurement and implement an asset management program for all North America HQ customers that automates the refresh process and reduces risk of lost hardware to the company.
- Manage External Service Providers ensuring service deliveries are met and continues improvements applied to deliver delightful service to our customers
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 8 years relevant work experience
- The right person should have held a senior/manager role in technology operations, ideally with responsibility for internal and external customer service and preferably with experience in retail.
- 2-4 years of experience in leading and managing individual contributors and managers; integrating their results and executing program strategies.
- Obsessed with customer service.
- Strong strategic perspective and focus on innovation.
- Inspirational leadership skills to engage and motivate staff and drive high performance.
- High energy level and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups; strong presentation skills necessary to inform and influence a wide range of audiences including senior business leaders.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-motivated team player who has fresh ideas and thrives off customer and team success.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top