Scrum Master, Information Security
The Scrum Master role is responsible for ensuring iteration quality. This includes the management of iteration throughput, tracking, communicating and providing transparency of iteration health, team development and overall iteration facilitation. Scrum Masters are also adept at continuous improvement and team empowerment practices.
- Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Applies Agile principles and metrics to guide team(s) to consistently deliver high quality, functioning products
- Understands the vision and scope of the work and facilitates the team's alignment to both
- Guides the delivery of product value iteratively and incrementally
- Creates an environment where the scrum team has the context and freedom to make the best decisions to maximize value for the organization
- Collaborates well with all members of the immediate scrum team and extended project team
- Coaches team(s) towards self-organization and continuous improvement
- Uses retrospectives as a tool to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and tracks the impacts of continuous improvement efforts
- Optimizes team performance across all roles within their team(s)
- Milestone Management
- Establishes and executes bi-weekly iteration ceremonies to maintain focus on milestone deliverables
- Maintains visibility to and focus on project priorities; uses this to facilitate iteration planning, slice planning, story mapping.
- Uses project and iteration metrics to measure iteration effectiveness and provides visibility to stakeholders
- Leverages iteration metrics to influence team direction and deliver on iteration targets
- Escalates risks and issues to stakeholders and leadership in timely manner
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of complete backlog of work through collaboration with the Product Manager, Technical Manager, Solution Architect, Domain Lead, and Delivery LeadEnsures that the Product Manager/Solution Architect/Technical Lead capture well-defined stories including WHO/WHAT/WHY, acceptance criteria and appropriate sizes
- Ensures stories are tasked at the appropriate level of technical detail
- Consistently monitors the story backlog in Jira to maintain the data
- integrity required to produce and use iteration metrics
- Process and Procedure Management
- Familiarity with all GapTech iteration management practices and principles
- Ensures iteration process consistency within a domain and, where possible, across domains
- Identifies opportunities for domain level changes to iteration management, drives updates to domain practices, procedures, tools, and policies
- Assists in providing effective and consistent onboarding of other Scrum Masters
- Ability to coach on existing GapTech processes and to adjust processes when the situation warrants
- Procedural understanding of how code or infrastructure changes flow through the pre-production environments and are delivered to production
- Technical Integration Coordination
- Understands technical challenges faced by the team(s) and escalates to the appropriate other project leads
- Support the Technical Manager and/or Solution Architect in guiding the team through Agile software development practices (TDD, BDD, Test Automation, CI, Pair Programming, Refactoring, etc)
- Maintains visibility of components being released to production and any coordinating required with external teams (GapTech Release Management, Review Board, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience; 3+ years relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of Agile methodology
- Broad and deep working knowledge of brand business and/or functional domain, business process and operations areas
- Deep and detailed understanding of process and team responsibilities associated with code development and implementations and/or infrastructure designs and implementations.
- Able to builds partnerships, working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Drives for business outcomes and results
- Excellent verbal, written communications and facilitation skills and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
- Team player in a highly matrixed environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Fluent in using Microsoft Excel for light data analysis, e.g. pivot tables, filtering, formulas
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top