Scrum Master – Enterprise Systems – Oracle Revenue
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The Scrum Master role is responsible for ensuring iteration quality. This includes the management of iteration throughput, tracking, communicating and providing transparency of iteration health, team development, overall iteration facilitation and management of 3rd party vendors, as appropriate. Scrum Masters are also adept at overall continuous improvement practices and team empowerment skills.
- Apply agile software development principles and appropriate metrics in managing packaged software and customized development and guide teams to consistently deliver high quality working software
- Understands the work, facilitate team alignment on vision and scope of the work and use agile principles to deliver the work iteratively and incrementally
- Ability to leverage Retail Industry (e.g. Revenue, Perpetual Inventory, Stock Ledger)functional knowledge in support of scrum team's deliverables is a plus.
- Collaborate with others to create an environment where the team has the context and freedom to make the best decisions to maximize value for the organization
- Use retrospectives as a tool to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and be able to measure their impacts
- Leverages technical acumen to help optimize team performance across all roles within their team(s)
- Has visibility to overall project priorities and uses this to facilitate iteration planning, slice planning, story mapping, and resource management (as needed).
- Creates an environment that enables a team to self-organize and continuously improve.
- Partners with Product Manager, Solution Architect, and third-party vendors to develop appropriately sized stories with acceptance criteria.
- Selects and adapts effective project level metrics over time to meet changing needs.
- Strong servant leader and actively coach others in such practices.
Process and Procedure Management
- Broad knowledge and practical experience applying all aspects of IM practices and principles.
- Influences prioritization and iteration plan based on overall delivery milestones.
- Able to take direct actions that will unblock the team so they can deliver working code to production.
- Understands and can differentiate the different skills and types of work that can be handled within groups such as Infrastruction.
- Ability to coach on existing processes and knows when to change or evolve.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with non- Agile teams and determine best practices for any given situation cross tribe.
- Independently and proactively infer links between stories and deliverables to help effectively groom the backlog.
- Proactively manages scope changes and new stories to minimize risk to milestone delivery. Provides impact assessments to key stakeholders.
- Recommends alternative solutions in response to scope changes/additional stories. Adept and negotiating and facilitating discussions around scope changes with appropriate stakeholders & product management.
- Understands how effort change and non-functional requirements (performance, code, quality, tech debt) affect scope and delivery.
Technical Integration Coordination
- Creates an environment where the team ensures stories are tasked to appropriate level of technical detail; regardless of team composition.
- Understands and influences technical solutions; able to facilitate the discussion as needed.
- Actively collaborates with Technical Manager in collecting and understanding code quality metrics, works with engineers to address issues, and provides visibility and escalation to Technical Manager and/or Solution Architect.
- Partners with Technical Manager and/or Solution Architect to develop team through agile software development practices (Test Automation, Continuous Improvement, Refactoring, etc.).
- Ability to influence technical integration activities across projects that affects the project team.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience; 6+ years relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge of different Agile methodology experience; able to introduce different Agile concepts and principles to team members.
- Broad and deep working knowledge of brand business and/or functional domain, business process and operations areas (in particular, Retail Industry - Revenue, Perpetual Inventory, Stock Ledger).
o Prefer Oracle Retail suite knowledge (RMS, SIM, ReSA, RPM) version 14+.
o And/or Retail ERP experience.
- Ability to influence and enable team self-organization and continuous improvement that can be measured through iteration resultsProven organizational and functional awareness.
- Deep and detailed understanding of process and team responsibilities associated with code development and implementations and/or infrastructure designs and implementations.
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strength in driving for business outcomes and results.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal, written communications and facilitation skills and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
- Team player in a highly matrixed environment.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top