Oracle Retail - Software Engineer
At Gap Inc., we are using technology as a competitive advantage to become the world’s #1 specialty apparel retailer. As part of GapTech, you will deliver global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using rapid development, continuous integration and open source technology.
At Global Corporate & Retail Services Group, we develop and support global platforms leveraging best of breed software packages - including Oracle Retail, Oracle EBS, Oracle PeopleSoft and IBM Trirega.
The ‘Oracle Retail – Software Development Engineer’ will be responsible for developing solutions on Oracle Retail technology stack. Our Oracle retail footprint comprises of version 14 of RMS, RPM, ReSA and SIM. The successful individual will be expected to partner with peers, business stakeholders, software & services provider, and colleagues from within and outside development teams, infrastructure teams to deliver software development projects.
Consider joining our team and growing your career with us. We are hiring technology enthusiasts who share our passion for efficient delivery, want to solve real business problems and quickly learn and implement new technologies.
- Participate in requirement gathering and technical design discussions.
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance to the Oracle Retail development team.
- Prepare technical designs for modifications and integrations to RMS, RPM and/or ReSA.
- Develop programs using SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX scripts, Oracle Forms and Pro*C in a Linux environment.
- Design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions for an Oracle Retail Merchandising platform.
- Prepare and execute unit/system test scripts to verify business logic of new or modified programs.
- Work closely with production support team and assist in resolving critical production issues.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to foster an environment of respect, open communication and cross functional expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ year relevant experience and at a minimum of 2-3 years of Development/Implementation experience in Oracle Retail domain.
- Proficient technical knowledge of Oracle Retail applications - RMS, RPM, ReSA, SIM & RIB (at least three of them); ideally with recent experience of v13+.
- Good functional understanding of RMS, ReSA, RPM and SIM.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Scripting, Pro*C, Oracle Forms/Reports
- Experience in Java or equivalent object-oriented programming language; or demonstrated ability to quickly learn new programming languages and tools.
- Experience in Oracle Retail integration with other non-Oracle applications (custom built and packages).
- Experience with ETL tool; ideally Datastage or ODI.
- Demonstrate problem solving, analytical abilities and self-motivation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Should be a good team player.
OPTIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS SECTION:
- Experience with Oracle RAC DB, Oracle AQ, Weblogic cluster.
- Experience/familiarity with IBM middleware technologies (eg Message Broker).
- Experience/familiarity with REST web services.
- Basic understanding Java/J2ee, XML, JSON.
- Experience with performance tuning Oracle Retail Application.
Back to top