Network Engineer (Systems Engineer III)
The Sr. Network Engineer will have a focus on services and components within the LAN/WLAN area and will drive the development and implementation of technical roadmaps and quality of delivery for those services.
This role will lead ongoing infrastructure related incidents, identify and troubleshoot reoccurring platform problems, collaborate with various teams on new projects and ensure the network is operating at peak performance. We are looking for an individual with a strong understanding of networking concepts and technology as this will be critical to the success of the role, the team, and the company.
- Responsible for the delivery of wireless planning, design, implementation & optimization services
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements
- Provide operational support for complex campus and data center networks.
- Participate in or lead network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects
- Assist in development of business and technical requirement
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with designing and implementing LAN/WLAN for an enterprise campus.
- 8 + years' experience in a WLAN network engineering
- Experience in large Retail, ISP and/or Content Service Provider environments
- Operational experience with enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (Juniper and Cisco)
- Understand the rigors of operating a global, 24x7x365 large scale network, and will act as a tiered support for high-severity and business impacting issues.
- RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills
- deep knowledge of LAN/WLAN and data center architecture and technology
- CCIE routing and switching
- CCIE-Wireless, CCNA-Wireless
- CWNA, CWAP, CWNE
- CCNP, CCDP
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top