Information Security Engineer Internship
Gap Inc.Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edgeskills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and thisisn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (tentative startdate – June 11, 2018), you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to takerisks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transformingretail technology. Ready to get started?
What's In It for You?
As a GapInc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders intechnology and digital. You will work on individual projects as well as achallenging group project that you will present to senior management at the endof the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We inviteyou to participate in events, such as a San Francisco Giants game, bowlingnights, ping pong social clubs, happy hours, art galleries, interactivemuseums, and volunteering in the community.
Here's what you will do all summer!
Gap Inc.Information Security (InfoSec) is dedicated to creating and preserving thetrusted digital environment Gap Inc. that our Customers believe in. You will work with one or more of ourfunctional InfoSec teams: Security Engineering, Centralized Identity and AccessManagement, Risk and Compliance, Threat and Incident Management to:
- Assist in the design and implementation ofinformation security infrastructure and services needed to minimize threats toCustomer, Corporate, and Employee information
- Participate in InfoSec team and Business Partnermeetings as required
- Work with Product Security and Risk andCompliance teams to accomplish project and services specific goals
Here's what you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate or graduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science or Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Passion to learn or knowledge of information security risks and counter-measures for Windows and Unix/Linux platforms
- General understanding of IT infrastructure and client-server architecture
- Knowledge of networking and network protocols desired
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, and Agile software development experience a plus
- Good verbal and written skills for clear, concise and effective communication
- Highly motivated to learn and take initiative in projects
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top