Industrial Systems Support Engineer I
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
A person in this role will need experience with problem solving of electrical and mechanical systems. The responsibilities include, defining the problem, troubleshooting the issues, recommending and implementing a solution. The solution will require knowledge of machine control design and the use of software tools for programming and troubleshooting. In addition to problem solving skills, expertise in industrial standards and leading edge technologies will be needed to help in control system improvements. Working with teams of other experience backgrounds to solve problems and improve production efficiencies are also required.
- Participates in technical requirements analysis and in converting solution design into low-level technical requirements
- Partners with senior Systems Engineers during assessments of current system functionality
- Assists in providing and reviewing technical input to Statement of Work for External Service Providers
- With guidance, ability to break down larger units of work into detailed tasks
- Understands and is able to follow best practice and/or documentation to complete basic engineering tasks
- Develops test plans & follows strategies for small complexity technical problems. Understands and is able to implement test strategy.
- Works with the project and Operations teams to ensure timely resolution to defects identified during the engineering lifecycle
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve incidents of low complexity
- Able to execute detailed plans for system maintenance and administration
- Works on minor enhancement requests, upgrades, and other improvements to existing components
- Assists senior engineers in capacity, performance, and stability analysis
- BS/BA Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
- 3-5 years of Industrial Experience
- Strong working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Material handling and logistics experience
- Prefer experience with Rockwell & Siemens PLC programming
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top