Full-Stack Software Engineer - Weddington Way
About Weddington Way
Weddington Way pioneered a community-centric shoppingexperience that lets friends shop together online in a virtual showroom. Based in San Francisco, CA, Weddington Way offers millennials a new wayto shop for weddings, featuring an exclusive collection of fresh + modern bridesmaiddresses. Weddington Way designs and manufactures their own dresses - meaning nomiddle-men, no markups, and styles crafted with detail and intention that youcan't find anywhere else. With its technology-first approach, WeddingtonWay is a breath of fresh air in the wedding planning process.
In 2016, Weddington Way was acquired by Gap Inc. andcontinues to run as an autonomous brand under the leadership of founder IlanaStern.
Weddington Way's team+ culture:
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We respect andlisten to each other. We prioritize celebration and community. We believe inwork/life balance, but we like when you bring your life to work. Seriously, welove meeting your dogs, cats, babies, husbands, girlfriends, moms, etc.
Our team is made up of dynamic, intelligent, best in classindividuals. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and industries,and bring with them a unique perspective, which we are excited to listen to. Webelieve that our brand is only as good as the people behind it, and that we arestronger as team than as individuals. We believe in collaboration. We are equalparts hard work and heart.
Weddington Way, Full-StackSoftware Engineer
We're passionate about applying thoughtful technology totransform a traditionally stressful and unsatisfying shopping experience into aconvenient and delightful one. Everyonein the company operates with the customer in mind first – we start with thecustomer and work backwards in everything we do. This role will report to the Head of Productand Operations.
● Strong foundation in algorithms, data structuresand design patterns
● Solid understanding of the full web technologystack
● Expert proficiency in at least one typed and onedynamic programming language
● Experience with web infrastructure anddistributed systems
● Experience with software engineering bestpractices and a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
● B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalentwork experience
● Prior experience working for a consumer internetcompany is highly desired
● Help set the direction of our company and product
● Freedom to take initiative to shape the design andstructure of our platform
● Meaningfully (and measurably) improve customerexperience (thanks to first-hand feedback from customers and customer-facingteams)
● Measurably impact the business trajectory through closecollaboration with business owners
● Help revolutionize the way consumers shop through amore personal and seamless experience, giving them time back to focus on thethings that matter most
Sankara, Engineering: "I would love to work with someone whowill be a thought partner as we work to find creative solutions to scale ourplatform so we can maintain our customer experience as we undergo high growth."
Tammy, Engineering: "I would love to work with someone whohas humility, enjoys collaboration, and is focused on making a delightful userexperience for our customer."
Karishma, Product: "I'm excited to work with someone who hasa desire to get to know our customer and take ownership of the technologysolutions we build for them."
Ilana, Founder: "I am eager to work with someone who ispassionate about learning and growing while meaningfully impacting our customerexperience."
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top