Field Technology Services Manager
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.’s mission to be the world’s favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.’s brands and delivering global, scalable solutions, using continuous integration and testing. Reimagining retail has never been more fun.
The Field Technology Services Manager will be traveling throughout North America and offers a “white glove” approach to all things related to store technology. They will actively participate in the store technology experience at the end user level to collect feedback, recommend and execute on improvements. The specialist will also provide communication to field and GapTech leaders for issue resolution and root cause analysis. During test phases of new store technology initiatives, the specialist will collect user feedback, provide updates to GapTech business partners and help create and validate fleet deployment processes and rollout resources. The specialist will also contribute to analysis and optimization of technology approaches, new capabilities and “real world” use cases. They will be on the ground and as “eye witness” for how the stores interact with the technology and providing recommendations for best practices and process improvement.
- Partners with Corporate cross functional teams, vendors and stores/field leaders (DMs, Regional Directors, etc) to ensure - IT system in the store are working as expected, and proactively identify opportunities for improved efficiencies
- Supports multiple stores and brands across the local geography (ie, NorthEast Region, Western Region, etc).
- Creates effective relationships with key stakeholders such as brand and field leadership.
Projects/Support (end-to-end accountability)
- Provides high level of customer service and communication specifically to Stores, Operations, Field Leadership and GapTech groups.
- Liaises with Store Support, other GapTech and vendor teams as appropriate to resolve hardware and application issues.
- Captures and reviews metrics and data to analyze trends.
- Influences decision making to improve in store technology ecosystem.
- Provides onsite support for new store openings and implementations, projects within respective region.
- Leads testing, training and implementation of system solutions within region.
- Partners and supports cross functional teams in the creation and delivery of training for the implementation of system solutions to the stores and IT support groups if required.
- Provides timely reporting prioritizing in store technology issues and roadblocks.
- Resolving high impacting issues in stores within region and provide impact analysis.
- Provides support to field personnel; interprets, evaluates, and resolves all issues pertaining to in-store technology, and division specific policies and procedures.
- Lead training staff on new technology initiatives.
- Guide in store technology tests and pilot programs.
- Review call driver data and assist in identifying, tracking and escalating problem trends and training issues.
- Communicate trends and identify opportunities for appropriate business partners.
- Mentors store and field leaders on in store technology best practices and usage.
- Ensures external vendors are meeting contractual obligations and providing effective and timely problem support, escalation and resolution for respective region.
- Thorough knowledge of retail operating procedures and systems preferably within a similar retail chain – preferably with strong Point of Sale system experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on both quality and speed.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and handle multiple competing demands.
- Awareness of challenges /improvements in industry.
- Ability to influence change.
- Solid understanding of IT applications – packaged and custom developed solutions, infrastructure and operational components especially applications involved in the deployment of store hardware and software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate business requirements, solution options, and problem statements clearly and succinctly.
- Passion for problem solving and critical thinking, used in working a broad range of issues across diverse technologies and business disciplines.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and functions.
- Extensive travel is required, about 75%.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top