Executive Technical Support Lead
At GapTech, we are obsessed with our customer’s success. The Executive Support Associate IT Admin will provide excellent customer service and support that delights customers at all levels, including the company’s most senior executives, and consistently strive to exceed their expectations. Our Gap Inc. internal customers work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment, and any loss of productivity due to technical problems directly effects Gap Inc. business results.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional IT support to internal customers, up to, and including EVP level executives, across geographical (campus) locations, working with Gap Inc.’s Help Desk partner, and global GapTech teams, to resolve technical and process issues.
The primary focus of the Executive Support Associate IT Admin is to ensure that the technology needs of our customers are being addressed proactively. All calls and requests are to be resolved within the agreed service level objectives and whenever possible, exceed agreed SLOs. If an issue can’t be resolved in accordance with the SLO, clear and timely communication with the Customer Support Manager, and customer, explaining the impediment, and a resolution timeline is required.
The Associate IT Admin will develop close cross-functional relationships to understand the basic technical aspects of the tools they specialize in, and how our customers use them in their day-to-day work. The Associate IT Admin will provide training/resolution for the most common problems (such as physical layer issues, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verification of proper hardware and software set up, and assistance with navigating around application menus) through individual sessions and workshops.
This role also involves scheduled on-call after hours support, as well as periodic off-site support for business partners at the executive level, including meetings /conferences, as well as in-home configurations. If issues cannot be resolved by the Associate IT Admin, he /she is responsible for engaging the appropriate GapTech teams, or vendors, in order to quickly and efficiently resolve outstanding issues.
- Provide exceptional IT support to customers at the EVP level, and ensure an overall high level of customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis
- Ensure service levels for customers are met, and exceeded – identify opportunities for improvements and implement these as agreed
- In partnership with other GapTech team members, manage the testing, configuration, installation and repair of IT related equipment (hardware and software) used by the teams you support
- Provide support for the most common problems through the Tech Bar, individual sessions, and workshops
- Ensure internal customers are kept informed with updates in regards to the status of any outstanding call they have placed with the IT Service Desk, or any other GapTech team
- Serve as an immediate escalation point for technical operations and process issues
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the technical aspects of the tools your business teams use, and for best practices related to installation process, and issue resolution
- Identify best practices and opportunities for improving technical/business process, and share the information cross-functionally
- Identify patterns of recurring service, operational, process, and technical issues, and work to correct them
- Take ownership of more complex issues and drive for resolution/completion; investigate the root cause and implement improvements to reduce future occurrences
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with business teams, and domain counterparts at many levels of the organization
- Coordinate internal office moves for executive offices
- Provide well-articulated, business-oriented responses to executive queries regarding IT within their areas of expertise and solicit answers from others as necessary
- Provide off-hours, on-call support within a team rotation
- Responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with all GapTech / vendor support personnel in order to foster a collaborative environment
- Represent Gap Tech in the best possible light to our executive level business partners – it is paramount to be able to demonstrate professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills at all times, as the IT Associate Admin’s actions directly affect the perception of GapTech at the executive level
- Above all, keep in mind we support people not technology
Competencies, skills and experience
- Customer Success obsessed
- Deadline oriented, high sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Proactive communications style
- Must wear attire appropriate for the role of working closely with Gap Inc.’s senior executives
- Political savvy
- Proven customer service experience required
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative is essential
- Able to manage competing demands, prioritize work, and keep stakeholders informed throughout
- Expertise in MS Windows 7 & 8, OSX, iOS, MS Office 2007/2013/365
- Advanced knowledge of Macintosh OS installation, OS X configuration and troubleshooting, Apple Remote Desktop, cloning OSX desktop, and deploying virtual desktops
- Working knowledge of mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, and Android)
- Working as part of a team, and on an individual basis, to meet operational targets set by management
- Proven capability of troubleshooting and problem solving in a technical environment
- Strong Video Conference and presentation support skills, preferably Vidyo and Lync
Minimum Education Level
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A minimum of 5 years IT services and support experience gained in a large, dynamic organization, preferably in the retail industry
- Strong experience in providing 1st/2nd line IT support
- Previous customer service experience required
- Previous executive support experience desired
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top