Engagement Manager- Stores
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
At the core, the Delivery Lead is a highly experienced senior project manager who is also very skilled in the area of Stores Technologies. The Delivery Lead is responsible for leading multiple Stores technology projects or a large program, and is accountable for budget, risk, issue, and schedule management. The Delivery lead is also responsible for delivery roadmap planning activities, project initiation activities, and status reporting.
The Delivery Lead will work in a highly matrixed environment by collaborating with business leaders, Product Management, and DevOps throughout the project lifecycle. The Delivery Lead, is highly adaptable in shifting to other Customer Experience areas as needed.This includes eCommerce, Payments, Loyalty, Personalization and Mobile initiatives.This role is highly visible, with exposure to VP, SVP and at times EVP interaction both within GapTech, Gap Inc Strategy and our brands.
- Partner with Product Management and DevOps in early-phase explore activities to define the high-level solution, alternatives, budget options, etc.
- Facilitate a review of the high-level solution with business partners and the Office of the CIO.
- Facilitate the creation, prioritization, planning and execution of sub-portfolio roadmaps through close collaboration with Product Management and DevOps, including the ongoing resequencing of projects on the portfolio roadmap when required due to shifting priorities.
- Partner with the Technical Manager(s) and Product Manager(s) in the creation of scrum team milestones.
- Participate in monthly portfolio planning and financial reviews.
- Manage overall sub-portfolio costs.
Delivery Milestone/Initiative Accountability
- Proactively manages scope changes to minimize risk to project budget and schedule
- In partnership with the Technical Manager, tracks scrum team milestones against business outcomes.
- Coordinates cross-team dependencies to prevent bottlenecks and quick issue resolution.
- Manages internal and external interdependencies, resolving team-level blockers and dependencies
- Provides insights on risks based on broad experience. Develops project risk profile, mitigation plan and contingency plan.
- Surface issues and risks; escalate for resolution.
- In partnership with Strategic Sourcing, Product Management, and DevOps, participate in vendor option analysis.
- When required, support Strategic Sourcing and Legal in developing contractual agreements.
- When required, manage vendor priorities and performance.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience
- 12+ years of technology experience
- 8+ years full lifecycle program or project management experience
- 3+ years of Stores Technologies program or project management experience
- Deep functional understanding of Stores Technologies, including industry leaders and market trends
- Strong experience with Agile Project Management
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Creative thinker, leveraging prior experiences in solving problems in an innovative way
- Strength in driving for business outcomes and results
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
- Action-oriented mindset
- Highly adaptable to changing requirements and direction
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top