Engagement Manager, Customer Experience
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The Engagement Manager, Customer Experience will be will be accountable for the successful delivery of initiatives within the Customer Experience domain in GapTech.The Customer Experience domain covers all customer facing systems, including all technologies related to the Ecommerce site, Stores, Payments, Personalization, Mobile and single view of customer domestically and internationally. The Engagement Manager, Customer Experience will deliver projects for one or more Domain Delivery Leads who are responsible for the successful delivery of the Customer Experience strategies.
High collaboration and partnership is key to this role.This role will interface with senior leaders in the business and represent GapTech in driving strategic planning and execution of business capabilities.The Engagement Manager, Customer Experience will possess deep domain knowledge in a specific area of expertise (ie, logistics, inventory management, ecommerce, security etc).
- Responsible for the management of ideation and strategic planning
- Drives cross functional teams through early phase explore activities to evaluate opportunities identified within the CX strategy
- Understands solution definition and contributes to solution selection in partnership with Product Management (PDM) and DevOps
- Contributes to budget forecasting for initiative delivery
- Facilitates the prioritization and planning of business capability and technical roadmaps with PdM, DevOps and Architects
- Contributes to vendor selection and contract/cost negotiations (in partnership with Strategic Sourcing, Legal Business, PDM, DevOps)
- Contributes to long range planning
- Drives strategic alignment across relevant stakeholders
Accountable for the management and delivery of Customer Experience, technology capability roadmaps to accomplish strategic goals:
- Drives delivery against business outcomes (leveraging Agile methodology)
- Gains portfolio and funding approval for planned work
- Coordinates cross team deliverables (business, PdM, domain, DevOps, vendors)
- Manages internal and external dependencies, resolves blockers and mitigation planning
- Surface risks and issues; escalates for resolution, ensures appropriate communication
- Manages vendor priorities, relationships, and future opportunities
- Plans cutover alignment across teams, vendors, and business partners
- Partners with DevOps, vendors, business partners to develop a sustainability model
- A minimum of 6 years of program management experience managing large scale technical initiatives with multiple stakeholders, ideally within Agile methodology.
- Deep technical or functional knowledge within but not limited to retail systems such as Stores, Payment, ecommerce, Big Data, Native Mobile, Digital Marketing and Inventory fulfilment
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels (business and technical)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Action/decision oriented mind-set
- Strength in driving for business outcomes and measuring results
- Team player in a highly matrixed environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Creative thinker, leveraging their prior expertise to solve problems in an innovative way
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top