Director, Technical Program Management
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based solutions using best in class platforms. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The Technical Product Manager will be accountable to drive product vision, strategy development and execution of our network platform in our Stores, Campuses, Fulfillment / Distribution Centers, and Datacenters /Cloud. We're looking for someone with a passion for technology and the power of our network, an innovative curiosity for how business flows work, and a track record of driving teams to build resilient networks to support retail experiences.
We're seeking a strong technical problem solver with a track record of product innovation, leading complex projects independently and prioritizing features, bug fixes and technical debt to ensure the health and stability of our Network Platform.
- Partner with technology and business stakeholders to set and track our long-range plan and network strategy
- Partner with technology and business stakeholders to set goals and milestones for strategic network initiatives
- Prioritize a clear and objective road-map and agile backlog while balancing delivery requirements with technical trade-offs and the impact of tech debt
- Provide visibility to and analyze the performance of our network KPIs, seeking ways to improve the performance and operability whilst never compromising availability
- Identify new opportunities and develop business cases for future opportunities
- Highlight progress through regular updates and product reviews
- Communicate and provide continuous visibility to GapTech+ leadership to our strategy and state of progress against that strategy
- Manage team of technical product managers and define establish role and processes within GapTech
- BS/BA required, Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience; MBA a plus
- 10+ years' experience in product management -related roles and activities;
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing network products, ideally for ecommerce or other consumer-centric technology company
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset and track record of managing KPI's
- Agile methodology experience
- Creative thinker, enjoys understanding complex logic and process of interconnected network flows throughout business work-stream
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Action / Decisions oriented mindset with strength in driving for business outcomes and results and adaptable to changing requirements and directions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top