Director, Engagement Manager- Enterprise Systems
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The Domain Delivery Lead will be will be accountable for the successful delivery of initiatives within each domain in GapTech. High collaboration and partnership is key to this role. This role will interface with senior leaders in the business and represent GapTech in driving strategic planning and execution of business capabilities. The Domain Delivery lead will possess deep domain knowledge in a specific area of expertise (i.e., logistics, inventory management, e-commerce, security, corporate systems, etc.).
- Drive early phase explore activities to evaluate opportunities
- Drive solution definition, budget option and alternative analysis (w/ Product managers, DevOps) @ higher level, i.e.., build vs. buy
- Drive review of options w/business partners
Delivery Milestone Accountability
- Drive management and delivery of business capability roadmaps across Product Management, Architecture, and Technology Optimization
- Drive/Track product scrum team milestones against business outcomes (leveraging scrum team milestone metrics and Vendor KPIs)
- Coordinate cross team dependencies (business, Product management, Other Domain, DevOps, vendors) to prevent bottlenecks and quick issue resolution
- Manage team internal and external interdependencies, resolving team level blockers and dependencies
Risk and Issue Management
- Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning at initiative level
- Surface issues and risks; escalate for resolution
- Facilitate the creation, prioritization, planning, and execution of business capability and technical roadmaps w/Product Management and DevOps
- Jointly accountable for the successful delivery of initiatives with Product Management and DevOps
Funding and Financial Oversight
- Partner with Technical Manager and Product Manager in creation of scrum team milestones (post concept sprint)
- Provide financial rollup to portfolio leaders by aggregating scrum team milestones, vendor SOWs, Hardware/Software and any other ancillary costs. In addition, provide financial outlook based on roadmaps and planned future milestones, where needed.
- Participate in monthly portfolio planning and financial reviews; take action accordingly
Managing and Leading People
- Focused on business unit's success, functional contribution and cross-functional decisions.
- Delegates tactical execution to direct reports and monitors their performance with constructive feedback.
- Executes skills assessments of direct reports
- Works with other leaders to assign key talent to appropriate areas and projects.
- Works with HR in the resolution of personnel or performance issues and executes or directs managerial reports in the resolution activities.
- Perform vendor option analysis (in partnership with Strategic Sourcing, Business, Product Management, DevOps (if required)
- Support/Drive Strategic Sourcing and Legal with regard to negotiation, business terms, and costs
- Manage vendor priorities, relationships, and future opportunities
Cutover and Support Planning
- Plan cutover alignment across teams, vendors, and business partners
- Develop sustainability - @ go live, post go live, during peak, ongoing
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Financial, HCM or Retail systems
- Experience with Oracle applications a plus
- Agile methodology experience
- A minimum of 8 years of senior program management experience managing large scale technical initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Deep technical or functional knowledge in a specific domain or subdomain (i.e., logistics, inventory management, eCommerce, security)
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strength in driving for business outcomes and results
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
- Action/Decision-Oriented mindset
- Team player in a highly matrixed environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Creative thinker, leveraging their prior expertise to solve problems in an innovative way
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top