Director, Engagement Manager - Business Intelligence
Job description GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun! The Director, Engagement Manager will be will be accountable for the successful delivery of a program consisting of 10+ tracks of work performed by the GapTech Business Intelligence/Big Data and Gap Customer Strategy teams. High collaboration and partnership is key to this role. This role will interface with senior leaders in the business and represent GapTech in driving strategic planning and execution of business capabilities. You possess deep Business Intelligence knowledge as well as Customer or Marketing Data. Responsibilities: Ideation Drive early phase explore activities to evaluate opportunities Drive solution definition, budget option and alternative analysis (w/ PdM, DevOps) @ higher level, ie., build vs. buy Drive review of options w/business partners Delivery Milestone Accountability Drive management and delivery of business capability roadmaps across PDM, Architecture, and Technology Optimization Drive/Track product scrum team milestones against business outcomes (leveraging scrum team milestone metrics and Vendor KPIs) Coordinate cross team dependencies (business, PdM, domain, DevOps, vendors) to prevent bottlenecks and quick issue resolution Manage team internal and external interdependencies, resolving team level blockers and dependencies Risk and Issue Management Facilitate risk mitigation and contingency planning at initiative level Surface issues and risks; escalate for resolution Portfolio Management Facilitate the creation, prioritization, planning and execution of business capability and technical roadmaps w/PdM and DevOps Jointly accountable for the successful delivery of initiatives with PdM and DevOps Funding and Financial Oversight Partner with TM and PdM in creation of scrum team milestones (post concept sprint) Provide financial rollup to portfolio leaders by aggregating scrum team milestones, vendor SOWs, Hardware/Software and any other ancillary costs. In addition, provide financial outlook based on roadmaps and planned future milestones, where needed. Participate in monthly portfolio planning and financial reviews; take action accordingly Vendor Management Perform vendor option analysis (in partnership with Strategic Sourcing, Business, PdM, DevOps (if required) Support/Drive Strategic Sourcing and Legal with regard to negotiation, business terms and costs Manage vendor priorities, relationships, and future opportunities Cutover and Support Planning Plan cutover alignment across teams, vendors, and business partners Develop sustainability model (w/Dev Ops, vendors, business partners) - @ go live, post go live, during peak, ongoing
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience.
- 15+ years of experience delivering technology projects.
- Experience as Senior Director or VP in an enterprise IT environment or principal consultant in a consulting organization preferred.
- Agile methodology experience
- A minimum of 8 years of senior program management experience managing large scale technical initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Deep technical or functional knowledge in customer data
- Experience with big data, data warehouse, and CRM concepts preferred
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strength in driving for business outcomes and results
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams.
- Action/Decision Oriented mind set
- Team player in a highly matrixed environment
- Adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Creative thinker, leveraging their prior expertise to solve problems in an innovative way
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top