Director, Digital Technical Production
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Growth, Innovation & Digital Division, (GID), Photo Studio Production team of Gap Inc. is looking for a Director of Digital Technical Production to join the team at our San Francisco Studio campuses. We’re looking for someone who is passionate, curious, and team-oriented to join our team as a key contributor to our Gap Inc. Photo organization. You will have direct responsibility over the digital photography processes and workflow for all products featured on the Gap Inc. websites (Gap.com, BananaRepublic.com, OldNavy.com, Gap Factory, BR Factory and Athleta.com)
The Director of Digital Technical Production will lead the teams that support Digital Retouching, Digital Tech and Photography. As a member of an organization serving multiple brands and markets this role will partner with internal online brand teams to understand business strategies and execution of their seasonal programs.
You will drive innovation of the imaging aesthetic of these established channels and look to increase efficiency. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to lead an expanding digital creative team at America’s largest specialty apparel retailer.
- Drive the Digital Production Team to deliver innovative digital photo and video assets, providing creative inspiration that pushes boundaries while respecting the creative judgment.
- Provide insight on trending online image aesthetic including new opportunities, advising on investment and change strategy alternatives.
- Collaborate with the account management team, project management, product management, user experience, and technology teams to deliver effective solutions that meet our business goals.
- Manage and mentor the team to grow as creative professionals and to deliver impactful solutions for our client’s creative challenges.
- Be an evangelist for our team’s capabilities with internal cross brand divisions of the company.
- Providing guidance and solutions to meet cross brand competing production priorities.
- Ability to identify architectural systems and workflow efficiency opportunities.
- Leading, defining SLA’s and setting goals for photo and digital artist teams to meet ongoing business objectives.
- Improve efficiency by initiating strategic enhancements and upgrades with tools, business systems and workflow.
- Provide practical long and short-range concepts to hurdle technology challenges. Identify opportunities that will drive business performance efficiencies.
- A director and leader of people, you will coach, Inspire, mentor, develop and acquire talented managers to continually improve our thinking and results.
- Mindset for constant improvement, and seek to know the financial impact and customer experience of the imagery produced by your team, using analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge of production processes
- Ability to help solve and articulate production related conflicts
- Savviness for navigating political situations and structures
- Agility to work across multiple projects with competing priorities
- Quick learner who can think creatively and strategically
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills should be exemplary.
- Curiosity -- about the business and technology
- Independent, self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Receptive to feedback while maintaining a positive attitude
- Develop financial budget, planning and metric reporting to align with divisional goals
- Proficient with budget analysis
- Track record of attracting, hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Ability to communicate persuasively with business partners at all levels in organization
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment
- Track record of building consensus between various stakeholders yet biased to decisive action to drive toward goals.
- Ability to communicate production needs and recommendations to a range of users.
- Experience managing artistic resources team of 20 plus
- Analyzing objectives and strategy to achieve successful outcome
- BA Required
- 5-10 years related production experience
- 8-10 years supervisory experience
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top