Director, Customer Analytics
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
As a core member of Analytics engineering team, the ideal candidate is primarily responsible for three areas: managing technical staff, overseeing application development and support efforts.. This individual will also serve as a Technical Manager providing technical oversight of an agile team developing Data Integration (Hadoop, Teadata, Oracle), Reporting and data virtualization. This includes oversight of the day to day project development, design, data integrity and database tools to deliver top-notch data management to the Data science team. This role will include all aspects of strategy definition inclusive of partnering with all internal and external stakeholders to understand the information technology landscape that will meet the current and future needs of the organization and coordinating the execution of this strategy to deliver solutions that enable prioritized business objectives. The individual will be a thought leader in critical aspects of information technology and must have the ability to influence senior leadership.
- Develop, administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security, quality and integrity, and availability of the company's data as per defined SLA.
- Work with scrum master to support Agile development by enforcing Agile practices among engineering team.
- Develop plan to improve service availability, through the improvement of development/deployment practices, performance tuning, and monitoring of data quality.
- Identify and evaluates industry trends on analytics, data engineering for future application implementation.
- Provide guidance and frameworks for designing and developing models and analyses across multiple domains including marketing (online/offline marketing mix, multi-touch attribution, multivariate testing), customer behavior (site traffic, purchase activity, acquisition/retention), experience (social, surveys) and product (customer preference, recommendations)
- Lead Agile inceptions, document technical stories, and estimate (using agile points/story sizing techniques) the work effort required to complete those stories. Remove blockers for the scrum team.
- Effective collaboration skills in building partnerships with Product Owners, Data science, SME's, Senior Leaders, Program Managers, Architects and other Technology Leads
- Ensure that project deliverable includes all the artifacts that is required to support the application.
- Strong interest and intellectual curiosity about data, databases and reporting / BI functions
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- 3+ years experience as a senior manager or director on Machine learning and predictive analytics.
- 12+ years BI/EDW/NoSQL and I.T. management experience.
- 4 years college degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics is required
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Experience with Agile methodology for project deliverable.
- Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical, data visualization and problem solving skills.
- Experience in tools that provides Model automation collaboration (example: Domino platform) is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in Hadoop technology stack - Map Reduce concepts, Distributed computing concepts, HDFS, Hive, Spark and self-service data access/reporting.
- Familiarity in any one language - Python, R, Scala, Java.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top