Director Analytics, Data Engineering (Supply Chain)
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
As a core member of Analytics engineering team, the ideal candidate is primarily responsible for three areas: managing analytical engineering teams, building world class inventory & logistics analytics and provide thought leadership. The candidate will lead the Analytics team that supports Gap business intelligence (BI) Data Engineering, Analytics, Big Data and Data warehouse (EDW) systems. This includes oversight of the day to day design, development and delivery of Analytics to Data Science and Product Management teams. This role will include all aspects of strategy definition inclusive of partnering with all internal and external stakeholders to understand the information technology landscape that will meet the current and future needs of the organization and coordinating the execution of this strategy to deliver solutions that enable prioritized business objectives. The individual will be a thought leader in critical aspects of information technology and must have the ability to influence senior leadership.
- Develop, administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security, quality and integrity, and availability of the company's data as per defined SLA.
- Partner with scrum master to support Agile development by enforcing Agile practices among engineering teams
- Develop plan to improve service availability, through the improvement of development/deployment practices, performance tuning, and monitoring of data quality.
- Identify, evaluate and adopt industry trends in data engineering and analytics
- Lead Agile inceptions, document technical stories, and estimate (using agile points/story sizing techniques) the work effort required to complete those stories. Remove blockers for the scrum team.
- Provide guidance and frameworks for design, development and delivery of analytics in multiple domains including Demand Forecasting, Price Optimization and Logistics.
- Actively monitor the team performance, implement process changes as required and improves processes/standards based on previous learnings
- Effective collaboration skills in building partnerships with Product Owners, Data science, SME's, Senior Leaders, Program Managers, Architects and other Technology Leads
- Lead and develop individual team members.
- Strong interest and intellectual curiosity about data, databases and analytical modeling
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- 4 years college degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics is required
- 3+ years experience as a senior manager or director on Machine learning and predictive analytics.
- 12+ years of engineering and technical management experience in BI, EDW and NoSQL systems
- Recent experience in SaaS, PaaS and Cloud is preferred
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Experience in Agile methodology to accelerate decisions and deliver capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams
- Excellent analytical, data visualization and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Demand forecasting and/or price optimization and SAS is a big plus
- 2+ years of experience in Big data ecosystem - Map Reduce, Distributed computing concepts, HDFS, Hive and Spark
- Familiarity in any one language - Python, R, Scala, Java.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top