Data Scientist Internship
Gap Inc.Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edgeskills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and thisisn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (tentative startdate – June 11, 2018), you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to takerisks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transformingretail technology. Ready to get started? What's In It for You? As a GapInc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders intechnology and digital. You will work on individual projects as well as achallenging group project that you will present to senior management at the endof the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We inviteyou to participate in events, such as a San Francisco Giants game, bowlingnights, ping pong social clubs, happy hours, art galleries, interactivemuseums, and volunteering in the community. Here's what you will do all summer!
- Work alongside our Customer Data & Analyticsteam and fellow interns on customer segmentation and descriptive analysisprojects
- Use the latest technologies, tools, andtechnologies in the field- harnessing vast pools of information available inour brands' data systems
- Develop data product tools, such as dashboardsand mapping tools
- Apply analytical and data science methods(regression, clustering, classification, text analysis) to real world datasetsto solve ongoing business problems
- Present results of analysis to team members,business partners, and Gap executives
- Meet Sr. Data Scientists, advanced analyticsexperts, and Product Managers to understand the role that analytics play in a 16billion-dollar global organization
Here's what you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD student with one year or less left to graduate in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Integrated Systems Engineering, or related degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Statistical and data analysis skills
- Languages: Python, SAS, SQL, or R. Combinations of these skills are very useful.
- Data visualization using tools, such as Tableau or D3
- Basic statistical modeling skills (regression, logistic regression, clustering)
- An ability to think abstractly and work cross functionally
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A desire to evolve excellent problem solving skills; meticulous and methodical
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top