Data Governance Specialist
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Customer Data and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across Gap Inc. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Customer Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
Gap Inc. believes that customer data collection and syndication is foundational to decision making; the maintenance and standardization of our universal data layer is key. Reporting to the Director of Informatics and Data Governance, you'll work on broad range of strategic projects and initiatives related to building governance policies and procedures across the enterprise with a focus on data layer integrity. Previous tag management and web analytics experience is preferred but not required for candidates with experience in project management, web development, or ad operations.
• Manage day to day intake of tag management requests, including but not limited to: clickstream data requirements for new and existing site functionality, 3rd party pixel implementations, Adobe Analytics tracking configuration
• Project-manage various tag management initiatives to implement effective solutions and influence changes across the enterprise. Includes gathering and interpreting requirements from BPs
• Partner with GapTech to implement optimal solutions that emphasize minimal site performance impact and comply with industry data collection standards
• Define and communicate data layer requirements and facilitate data collection decision making across the company
• Update and manage changes to pixel and marketing standards as the industry shifts frequently
• Work with Gap Inc external marketing partners to implement, QA, and support 3rd party integrations on our site across all brands and markets
• Triage data collection issues and manage cross-functional communications on data quality
• 1-3 years of web analytics or digital marketing experience
• Basic experience working in tag management systems (ex: Tealium (preferred), Google Tag Manager, Signal, etc.)
• Basic experience with web analytics tools (ex: Adobe Analytics (preferred), Google Analytics, etc.)
• Familiarity with pixel implementation and data layer development standards
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to learn and navigate complex data and information systems and processes
• Ability to prioritize, escalate appropriately and handle multiple assignments at once
• Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing
• Ability to enforce requirements and clearly communicate implications of non-compliance
• Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
• Ability to work independently and drive results
• Comfortable with decision making in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
• Strong project management skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top