Data Analytics Product Architect
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Gap Tech drives innovative retail, e-commerce and global enterprise technology for our headquarters operations and our five iconic brands across the world. We push boundaries. We challenge the status quo. Innovation sits at the core of everything we do. And we're not here just to execute; we're here to learn and grow. As individuals, we're passionate, diverse, innovative and wickedly talented. As a team, we're making amazing things happen in our offices, our stores and our communities. We are diversifying our talent globally, and expanding our reach by opening a technology hub in Hyderabad, India. Growing over time, this center will become critical in enabling technology that powers Gap Inc. business globally.
Summary : Gap Inc. is looking for a highly motivated Architect with a focused background in designing Big Data, BI applications in a hybrid on-prem, cloud platforms. You will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team responsible for building a customer-centric data-platform supporting our Omni-channel business, seamless inventory management and PRODUCT 3.0 company initiatives. As a Solutioning expert, you will architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of Gap's Information architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world-class solutions
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements. Determine how to leverage technology to create solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Present solutions to the business, project teams, and other stakeholders with the ability to speak technical and non-technical
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team.
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solution.
- Mentor team members on best practices in area of expertise.
- Identify and suggest training opportunities for immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength
- Develop proofs-of-concept and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
- Data integration (Continuous and discretized data streaming) across On-prem, cloud, Hadoop, RDBMSs, NoSQL (Cosmos, MongoDB, Hbase) and Datawarehousing systems;
- Building real-time data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, Storm, Flume, Event-hub, Stream Analytics (Azure) or similar stacks on other leading cloud platforms
- Extensive experience using Python, R, Scala, Pig, Hive
- Building consumption frameworks on Hadoop, Azure or GCP (Restful services, Self-service BI and Analytics)
- Exposure in Hadoop security, Data management and Governance
- Experience in Test Driven Development using Frameworks
- Experience in one or more analytical modeling tools/workbench (Jupyter or Zeppelin). Experience in SAS is a plus
- Ability to understand business requirements and building pragmatic/cost effective solutions using Agile project methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills - White board, small and large group presentations
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION :
- Overall 4-8 years enterprise IT application experience (minimum of 2 years in big data / cloud architecture)
- Experience building applications on one of the leading cloud providers - Azure, AWS or GCP
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related field. Masters in a related field would be a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top