Gap Inc is looking for a highly-motivated Lead Data Analyst with a focused background in Big Data, BI, and Data Warehousing. You will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team responsible for building a Logistics data-platform supporting our Omni-channel business, seamless inventory management and PRODUCT 3.0 company initiatives. As a Data Analyst, you will design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Data Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of Gap's Information data architecture while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world-class solutions.
As an individual contributor, you will:
- Understand functional business systems, data integration, business process requirements and analyzes data impacts
- Translate business needs into functional capabilities and data requirements.
- Facilitate and drive independently, coordinates, and leads data analysis to validate and further refine requirements.
- Adhere to Gap modeling standards and ensuring that the standards are applied across all logical and physical data models.
- Drive results, follow-through, managing individual schedule, overcoming obstacles to achieve outcomes.
- Participate in project inception phase; identifies and evaluates data sources needed to meet business and project requirements.
- Analytical skills including the ability to visualize, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts, and make decisions that make sense based on business requirements as it pertains to data within the analytics domain.
- Create/update/design logical data model enhancements that ensure the business requirements fit into the Gap Retail Logical Data Model (GRLDM).
- Creation of first-cut Physical Data Model.
- Consult on, review and approve data-specific portions of the project functional design stories.
- Identifying and evaluating data sources and metrics, assessing current data sources and sourcing feasibility needed to meet project requirements.
- Consult on, review and approve source to target field-level logical data mappings and transformations.
- Participates in technical design walkthroughs, as required.
- Anticipates data integrity issues (via data profiling) and provides the information to solutions architect and development team for data integrity improvement/quality resolution.
- Consults on test cases, as required.
- Facilitates discussion with DBA team to ensure physical implementation meets business requirements
- Working knowledge data modeling tools and methodologies.
- General to advanced data mining, profiling, and querying skills (using a variety of tools) to perform required data research and analysis.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- BS/BA in Business Admin Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
- Generally, has 7+ years of experience in Information Technology, Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Data Warehousing and Data Modeling.
o Optional: Teradata or Oracle
o Optional alternatives: Hadoop(HIVE), MySQL, DB2, Postgres, SqlServer
o Erwin (or other data modeling tool)
o Teradata SQL Assistant
o Altova XmlSpy; JSON
Functional Domain Knowledge:
o Supply Chain
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top