Audio Visual Manager
At GapTech, we are obsessed with our customers' success. We set the bar high and our goal is to always deliver value to our customers and exceed their expectations. The A/V Manager is a key role in a service focused organization that places their customers at the heart of its culture.
The primary focus of the A/V Manager is to lead the transformation of A/V support at Gap Inc with a primary focus on large-scale meetings, events and video conferencing. They will partner with Engineering to reduce the complexity of our systems and introduce scalable innovative technology. They will deliver best practices for ease of use that are consistently implemented throughout the organization. They will support the use of technology to enable seamless and successful A/V that consistently delights our customers.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional technology support to internal customers, across geographical locations ensuring an overall high level of productivity and customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
As the A/V Manager you will:
- Lead the transformation of A/V event support and conference room infrastructure in all main US HQ locations (2F, 1H, MB, Pleasanton, NY) and provide global support in future.
- Drive innovative A/V technology improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Drive consistent A/V capabilities for our organization in the creation and distribution of best practices, procedures and services in general.
- Drive A/V projects and project engagement including resourcing, costing, coordination with PMO and GapTech infrastructure groups.
- Support A/V events, conference rooms and desktop users.
- Implement and maintain proactive services including room hardening, daily room checks and monitoring of A/V technology to ensure maximum availability
- Chair service review meetings ensuring service level agreements and continues improvement action plans are delivering value.
- Manage day-to day personnel and performance issues escalating to upper management as appropriate.
- Develop goals and set clear priorities for team members.
- Lead by example, motivate and inspire team members to deliver their objectives successfully and effectively influence key stakeholders to facilitate the work of the team.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and act as escalation point for both the business and GapTech
- Develop and foster strong vendor relationships holding them accountable for delivery.
- Develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with business, International and US counterparts at all levels of the organization. This includes the Global Events and Gap Communications business teams.
- Above all, provide outstanding customer service every day.
- Customer success obsessed – consistently delight customers and exceed their expectations.
- Problem solver - seek out difficult problems, deeply inspect them, and bring forward creative solutions.
- Curious learner - constantly looking to improve ourselves, teams, and the environment around us.
- Honest team player - comfortable challenging the status quo and work together to achieve audacious goals
- Self-Motivated and able to work on own initiative essential.
- Excellent communication including executive communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a matrix team environment across multiple functions.
- Strategic thinker and leader – able to develop, plan, execute a strategy and anticipate scenarios and potential issues and consequences.
- Strong understanding of A/V technologies.
- Able to manage competing demands, prioritize work and keep stakeholders informed throughout.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors.
- Working as part of a team and on an individual basis, to meet operational targets set by management.
- Talent Builder - Inspiring leader of people focused on own and direct reports performance and development.
Minimum Education Level
- BA/BS in information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of IT operations and/or A/V technology support experience in a large, fast pace organization
- 1-3 years of experience in managing individual contributors or leading a team
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top