Analyst, Global Planning, Gap Brand
The Analyst of VMI/Basics is responsible for managing the buy and forecast of basics across all regional markets. The analyst is responsible for maintaining in stock positioning through accurate demand forecasting and for partnering with merchandising and production on the successful integration of VMI into our buying process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyst VMI/Basics, Global Planning oversees the basics within a division/department with the below responsibilities:
- Responsible successful forecasting of basics across owned product category.
- Responsible for maintaining basics service levels and in stock positioning across global markets.
- Responsible for basics size analysis across our global markets to maximize margin and turn.
- Influence basics size curves across the market based on size selling analysis.
- Responsible for partnering with production, planning and merchandising on the integration of VMI.
- Responsible for partnering with Inventory Strategy on the maintenance of VMI.
- Manage the financial success of long life product by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan.
- Accurately forecast and buy basics inventory across all regions.
- Identify risks and opportunities.
- Review buy plans/strategies and ensure plans meet financial targets.
Collaborates with peers to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge.
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Reports Manager or Planners within Global IM
- Minimum 2 to 3 years inventory management experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent required
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top