Payments Product Manager
- New York, NY
Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls and real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, and Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the role
We are looking for a good product manager who will be the "CEO" of our payment offerings. In this role you will partner with the existing product team, own the end-to-end strategy of our payments product line, and be responsible for driving execution. Customer interviews, market research, and internal direction will help you ruthlessly prioritize features and requirements. This is an opportunity to join a scaling product team, with a path to owning a P&L over time.
- Define B2B payments strategy and drive execution by prioritizing feature enhancements, project management, competitive gap analysis, delivery, commercialization, financial modeling and market readiness including training
- Leverage market research, internal data, client feedback, and customer insights to proactively identify opportunities for innovation and differentiation
- Collaborate with Operations, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance to support compliance and risk while setting pricing and budgeting costs
- Coordinate execution with networks (Visa, Mastercard), banks, card embossers and processors to determine what products/services will best serve our needs with a strong focus on prioritization and implementation
- Use customer data and insights to develop marketing materials
Common Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance or similar discipline, MBA preferred
- 4+ years consulting or financial services roles, and/or
- 2+ years financial product management
- Knowledge of payments, card products and global banking processes
- Familiarity with design thinking and product methodologies, including JTBD and user-centered design
- A high degree of emotional intelligence (EQ), particularly as it applies to product management
You'll love working at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You work towards a “growth mindset” including experience in the controlled chaos of a startup. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious and agile in thought and action. You value authenticity and possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic and look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail and always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in and be responsive when the pressure is on.
You can learn more about the product at www.teampay.co and if you’d like to apply, please include a cover letter with three most admired B2B sales pitches (could be yours or others) & why you chose those examples.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top