- New York, NY
Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls and real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, and Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the Role
Teampay is looking for an Engineering Manager who has extensive experience working as an engineer as well as developing a team. You will be the backstop for your team’s technical decisions, owning the whitespace in your team’s project area. It’s crucial that you’re able to recognize bad patterns and help your team avoid them. In your day to day you will need to quickly identify a solution when presented with a problem, ensuring the team is focused on prioritization throughout the planning process. A successful manager will be able to align with our management values and philosophy, providing support and mentorship to their direct reports as well as those they collaborate with. If you are interested in joining a scaling start-up please apply below.
What you will do
- Take ownership of the team’s technical roadmap, setting the unified roadmap with product managers for delivery
- Manage and support risks the backend engineering team may encounter
- Actively coach, train, and grow a team of engineers to deliver on product features while helping them improve their skill sets
- Ensure the timely delivery of engineering initiatives
- Work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, and Design teams to develop and deliver scalable and reliable products
- Communicate with the Executive staff to establish engineering best practices
- Mitigate escalations on the software platform
- Recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- 8+ years experience in software engineering with at least 3 years in a management role
- Experience building and running in production distributed large-scale backend systems
- Must have worked cross-functionally with Product Managers and Design peers
- Ability to provide honest, direct and actionable feedback to the team and follow up with relevant coaching and guidance
- Experience with Python and Django required
- Experience with React/Redux and Stylus preferred
You'll love working at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious and agile in thought and action. You value authenticity and possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic and look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail and always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in and be responsive when the pressure is on.
You can learn more about the product at www.teampay.co.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top