The Solutions Architect is a visionary technical expert tasked with shaping and accelerating the digital design and development offering at TEAGUE. Responsible for crafting high-quality, scalable and resilient mobile and web application architecture, the Solutions Architect must have demonstrated experience co-creating with a team of digital design professionals and implementing processes that make the team successful. As a technology expert inside of a design company, s/he should understand the value of user experience and aesthetics and invest time in educating designers to enable better collaboration across disciplines. Inherently curious and motivated to keep up with ever-changing technology, the ideal candidate should have extensive experience building web-based products and a deep knowledge of platforms, operating systems, and back-end systems, and be able to assemble a team of specialists to execute across the full stack, when necessary.
Why We Need This Position
To continue to offer our clients the level of industry knowledge and expertise they have come to expect of us, TEAGUE needs to stay well ahead of digital trends to that end, TEAGUE must develop a clear and cohesive point of view about a range of future experiences and grow and develop our design teams to meet those future needs. We need someone at the helm who not only has a deep understanding of digital design but is a visionary business leader who can provide expert thought leadership to educate, mentor, grow, and evolve our teams as we shape the digital offerings of the future. That’s where you come in.
Who We’re Looking For
As the technical voice of TEAGUE, the Solutions Architect wears many hats: consultant, software developer and evangelist. The ideal candidate possesses a rare combination of deep technical skills, business acumen and boundless creativity. This person is also a proven strategic advisor, valued by Fortune 500 companies, who shapes client vision and requirements into a clear project brief and proposal, translating technical complexity into an understandable road map with a set scope and task list. S/he communicates a strong POV regarding the approach to architecture design and deliverables to clients, and delivers passionate, persuasive presentations to attract prospective clients and direct client planning.
At the project level, the Solutions Architect leverages modern development practices to envision and guide the design of some of the most innovative mobile and web apps on the market. S/he advises client teams on key technical considerations and directs the digital design team in all aspects of technical design activities. In order to build truly relevant and cutting-edge web and mobile application architecture for each client, this role performs gap analysis on client’s current architecture(s), identifying challenges and opportunities, explores technology feasibility, and then guides clients in understanding key the technical considerations of a solution.
This position also plays an essential project management role as it supports project scoping and task estimation activities; owns reference architecture definition for mobile/web applications; develops technical architecture and details software design documentation; and conducts reviews with project managers to help ensure quality expectations s are being met or exceeded. As an experienced leader, it is your job to evolve and elevate the technical disciplines within the digital design team. This includes introducing new methods, processes, technical critiques, tools, and approaches to ensure that the studio is at the forefront of industry trends.
Finally, you play a vital biz dev role by making recommendations to management on how to optimize the technical function to meet market changes or to support strategic plans. It is up to you to assess hardware/software requirements to determine best tools needed to keep teams current and competitive; to recruit flex staff for short/near-term technical needs; and to improve operational systems, processes and policies to support best practices, accountability, information flow and management.
What We Just Said, Now in 6 Bullet Points (a.k.a. Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Interaction Design, Product Design or Technical Engineering or equivalent experience; 10+ years’ experience leading the development of digital product experiences, specifically large-scale web-based products using modern development techniques; 5+ years demonstrated success leading ad hoc project teams as needed to accomplish complex goals; proven consulting experience serving as a strategic technical advisor and turning new client opportunities into a clear approach, project plan and proposal; experience implementing processes to ensure quality standards across a team of developers; demonstrated experience and interest in the “business side” as well as in the technical/creative side; proven experience leading and inspiring teams, facilitating discussions, and solving problems in an open, collaborative environment; established credentials in a related industry and an acknowledged leader in their field; a positive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization; a proven track record of successful projects and satisfied clients.
- Special skills: Advanced working knowledge of software development best practices, testing/QA processes, code repository tools, and MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint; deep understanding of digital platforms such as iOS and Android, and an ability to recommend which platform will best serve the needs of the client and users; knowledge of backend systems, databases, APIs, etc. and techniques for making them play well together; ability to assemble specialists to execute on development work across any platform; demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, decision-making and collaboration skills; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong negotiation skills, both internally and client-focused; excellent follow-through, prioritization and organizational skills; skilled at encouraging dialogue to discover hidden opportunities; adept at encouraging shared ownership and empowerment, and facilitating an open, creative flow.
- Special Requirements: May be required to travel domestically and internationally in support of client and/or vendor meetings. Frequently required to travel to other TEAGUE or client facilities in the greater Seattle area.
- Passion: Deploying new technologies at the intersection of business and innovation.
- Role: Leading a collaborative team to find relevant digital design solutions for clients.
- Personality: Curious, passionate, innovative, solutions-oriented, collaborative, strategic, entrepreneurial and hands-on.
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of TEAGUE's Employees
Karen N.Industrial Designer
Karen designs products which meet client goals and satisfy consumer expectations, utilizing insights from a variety of disciplines in order to find elegant project solutions.
Back to top