Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all the day-to-day operational aspects of projects, project teams, budgets, scope, and client communications on design projects with a digital focus. The role manages fast paced, complex, multi-resource and multi-location projects and brings them to successful completion and on budget, meeting or exceeding client expectations.
Why We Need This Position
The Senior Project Manager is like a choreographer who must not only ensure that each dancer performs to the best of their ability, but also that their moves are in sync with those of the group. Without the deft guidance of a strong leader, dancers—and designers—can all too easily go astray and derail the success of the entire show. The PM ensures that everyone stays on course, striving to exceed client expectations every step of the way.
Who We’re Looking For
A supremely well-organized, big-picture architect with a love of creatives and design. It’s your job to manage the myriad components of a given project and to shepherd it flawlessly through the various channels to successful happy-client completion. This means managing the project team and scope while balancing budget, quality, staffing resources and schedule and closely tracking its progress every step of the way. You are a firm believer in clearly articulating expectations to your colleagues and determined to deliver nothing less than the absolute best to your clients. You are adept at coordinating a diverse team’s talents and can diplomatically resolve conflicts and smooth over tensions. You keep a cool head when project needs change and are quick to come up with innovative solutions to challenges as they arise. In short, we’re looking for an assertive choreographer with a strong creative streak, a charismatic personality and an unwaveringly calm approach to the unexpected.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a. Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a creative field preferred; 5+ years of experience as a project manager using agile project management in a design branding/consulting/digital agency is strongly desired; Ability to demonstrate experience and proficiency with Agile project management methodologies (Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Product Owner role) with small teams (3-6 members). Preferably running 3-4 concurrent project efforts. Experience managing budgets over $700k. Experience collaborating, presenting and reporting to/with senior level executives.
- Special skills: Has great communication and people skills (High EQ and self-awareness). Ability to demonstrate spreadsheet wizardry applied to a wide variety of disciplines. Strong aptitude adopting new technology and tools to facilitate improved collaboration (E.G. Chime, Google Apps, Office 365, Confluence, Slack, Monday, Quip, Box, etc). Excited to understand the content and purpose of the projects they participate in, not just managing the effort. A strong focus on delivery with a demonstrated ability to define what “done” means to satisfy both the client and the team.
- Passion: Working collaboratively to create something beyond expectations. Must work and play well with others.
- Role: Coordinating people’s various talents to create a whole that is more than the sum of its parts. Focusing on maintaining high levels of satisfaction with clients, teams and end users.
- Personality: A born leader, personable, organized, creative, proactive, keen problem solver, highly curious, self-aware.
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of TEAGUE's Employees
Karen designs products which meet client goals and satisfy consumer expectations, utilizing insights from a variety of disciplines in order to find elegant project solutions.
Back to top