TEAGUE’s Aerospace focused Design Studio is looking for an exceptional Senior Industrial Designer to design and build the future of travel experiences. The Senior Industrial Designer is responsible for leading design projects and works with our team(s) to create and deliver powerful, compelling designs and presentations. You are enthusiastic collaborator with strong design-related knowledge, and you are confident in supporting the growth of the industrial design discipline and growth industries and client opportunities for Teague. The position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills with cross-disciplinary teams and clients, suppliers, and creative partners across global locations.
Why We Need This Position
Innovation is one of the founding principles of TEAGUE. Without dedicated, imaginative and technically savvy creators, we’re, well, simply not able to do what we do best. Which is why we need people like you, who see the world as a place full of possibility, with the skills to build something new and enthusiastic interest to make it real.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate is a strong content creator who can push the diversity, range, and caliber of concepts. With a finger on the pulse of your craft, you have a deep understanding of design quality and a demonstrated breadth of skills in both hardware and experience design. You are current in trends, ideally in the areas of aviation and aerospace, transportation design, materials, and technology and you have an enthusiastic interest for experiences that merge physical and digital. You thrive in a collaborative environment, aware that a team approach is often the most effective way to break new ground.
You are not easily rattled; in fact, you are energized by spontaneity and are able to manage many projects and activities at the same time. In addition to being enthusiastic, inspired, and fun to work with, you have the technical chops to get the job done. You are comfortable sharing and presenting work to various internal and external audiences, tapping into new networks of people, and representing the brand and TEAGUE’s value proposition and capabilities well. If working with other creative types in a setting that prizes smart, innovative, inspired solutions, and deep interdisciplinary collaboration sounds like your dream job, then stop what you’re doing and apply now!
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a. Essential Qualifications)
- Experience: Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Industrial Design; 8+ years of professional experience ideally in a design consulting environment; aerospace experience is preferred, though not mandatory
- Skills: A strong portfolio that conveys your creative capabilities and an advanced understanding of the design process; Fluency in 2D, 3D, and rendering software; Exceptional design skills in sketching, form-giving, high-quality rendering, and advanced 3D modeling; Well-versed with prototyping, materials, and manufacturing processes within product development; Strong verbal and visual communication skills, and an ability to build and communicate design narratives and rationales
- Passion: Enthusiastic interest about what you do in creating, solving, improving, visualizing, and building innovative solutions
- Role: A creative leader and visionary with experienced technical design chops; Efficiently manage your bandwidth and deliver design solutions to appropriate levels of detail and quality; Can lead a small team of designers
- Personality: A natural collaborator, you embrace all facets of a holistic design process; Never one to back down from a challenge, you love producing creative solutions to problems; You are an intuitive, passionate, and highly motivated innovator known for your fresh perspective
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Be vested in the results- treat Teague as if it was your own company.
TEAGUE is currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are a Washington State based company. All employees must reside in the state of Washington and be able to access one of our studio locations in the greater Seattle area when we return to work in our hybrid/remote work approach.
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package offered including 4 weeks paid time off and up to 10 paid holidays throughout the fiscal year.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We search the globe to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds and value unique perspectives and experiences.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.