Senior Catia Designer (TEMP)
The Senior Designer - Catia is responsible for creating visually dynamic 2-D and 3-D computer-generated engineering drawings with special emphasis on layout accuracy and color definition placement. This role is responsible for providing computer documentation in an organized, accurate, clear and timely manner using the established processes and storing them in the archival library.
Why We Need This Position
In this day and age, it takes more than just a great aesthetic to remain at the forefront of the industry. It takes dedicated problem solvers with the technical chops to find solutions to a wide array of challenges. To deliver the future to our clients, we need people who have a solid grasp of engineering and design and cutting-edge technical skills to provide ongoing support to our production teams. That’s where you come in.
Who We’re Looking For
In this role, you’ll get to put your deep CAD skills to work every day as you partner and collaborate with engineers and other designers to generate and evaluate a wide range of solutions and make relevant recommendations to TEAGUE clients. You are proficient in 2-D and 3-D computer skills, especially on CATIA V-5 systems, familiar with the Composites Workbench in CATIA V-5, and able to maintain an impeccably organized file management system. You are adept at taking a strategic approach to design problems and capable of analyzing and synthesizing complex design challenges in order to support an informed, creative process. Personality-wise, you’re a born self-starter and skillful team player. You have a natural ability to lead and inspire teams, facilitate discussion, and solve problems in an open, collaborative environment. And you’re graceful under pressure, able to prioritize multiple projects and balance the competing needs of different clients. You’re an excellent communicator, whether you’re delivering written reports or oral presentations to your colleagues. You’re naturally curious, keen to take the initiative when it comes to acquiring new skills and staying current with technology and its applications in our environment. If you play well with others and enjoy the prospect of deploying your talents at the exciting intersection of engineering, design, and technology, we’d like to hear from you.
What We Just Said, Now in 6 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree in design-related field; degree in engineering drafting or industrial design is a plus; 5-7 years of experience required, including experience with 2-D and 3-D CATIA computer design; CATIA V-5 drafting experience preferred; experience developing complex solutions, often incorporating cutting-edge digital software, computer-aided design, model development, or electronics; experience with video and/or audio editing strongly desired; working knowledge of project level requirements, constraints and budgets.
- Special skills: Advanced level of proficiency in Adobe Acrobat; proficient with the MS Office Suite; including Word, Lync and Outlook; excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills, not required but is a plus.
- Physical requirements: Normal corrective vision range; ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds; ability to stand, sit, talk, hear, and walk; frequently required to travel to other TEAGUE facilities within the greater Seattle area.
- Passion: Finding innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
- Role: Providing support in the resolution of technical problems and concerns.
- Personality: Collaborative, solution-oriented, entrepreneurial, diplomatic, flexible, positive attitude
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Back to top