The Interior Designer is responsible for supporting TEAGUE’s design efforts, utilizing conceptual skills, industry experience and imagination to bring innovation and creative excellence to the organization's creative and design deliverables. The Interior Designer has not only a strong understanding of design quality, but extensive design skills embracing all facets of a holistic design process, from research, concept creation, and design development to implementation and liaison with development partners and vendors.
Why We Need This Position
Although Teague is built on a strong foundation of creativity, successful innovation in this day and age also requires sensational communication skills, deep technical expertise, a collaboration approach, and cultural sensitivity. If you love the prospect of aligning the needs and talents of two parties—client and Teague—in perfect harmony, then read on.
Who We’re Looking For
A creative team player with a passion for finding relevant design solutions for a broad range of market segments, ensuring that those concepts show proper sensitivity to color, branding considerations, and cultural differences at all times. Whether you’re creating client-specific presentations; advocating for your design concepts with clients; working with other team members to ensure that client objectives are met; or interfacing with your project leader to help anticipate client needs, you bring a positive, can-do attitude and deep design expertise. On any given day, you may find yourself creating a client-specific presentation through hand or electronic renderings, and/or written reports; working with your project team to meet client objectives; handling the formal document retention procedures and data management tools; or working with clients or project leads to improve project deliverables. A proven record of design excellence and a keen grasp of all aspects of interior design—including client presentation, concept development, material development, sourcing, implementation and specification—is obviously essential to success in this position. But so is the ability to negotiate, listen to others, defend your aesthetic judgment, and drive decisions to actively move projects forward. If you have a passion for design and branding, along with the creative and technical expertise—and genuinely enjoy the process of collaborating with others to find innovative solutions that meet or exceed client expectations—we’d love to talk to you.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: 3+ years related work experience in interior design; Bachelors degree in Interior Design, Environmental Design or Interior Architecture; proven design background covering all aspects of interior design; branding know how and the ability to integrate the brand experience in an interior environment; sensitivity to color and design, and a strong aesthetic judgment; advanced understanding of the design process, including divergent (brainstorming), convergent (concept-selection), and detail-design phases; a proven track record in design excellence, delivering successful projects and creating satisfied clients; knowledge of the latest trends and their application in the industry
- Skills: Exceptional presentation skills with proven capabilities to inspire and engage clients; basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat; MS Office Suite, including, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Lync; Mac OS including Keynote; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong negotiation skills
- Passion: Creating design solutions that meet or exceed client needs
- Role: Collaborating with other creative teams to develop solutions and then seeing those through from start to finish
- Personality: Collaborative, creative, diplomatic, solution-oriented, decisive
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top