Interior Design Intern
The Interior Design Intern is not only responsible for supporting the department with their design skills, but also for applying his or her unique perspective, energy, and experiences to TEAGUE projects. In turn, TEAGUE will provide valuable experiences with client interaction, project development, and exposure to a successful design consultancy. TEAGUE will also help build a valuable technical skill set in design-specific areas for every intern.
Why We Need This Position
Interior Design—a cohesive blend of creative, aesthetic and technical expertise—is one of the cornerstones of TEAGUE. Although we value our long-standing experts, we also know that fresh perspectives, new insights, and young talent are key to shaking things up and helping us look at things in new ways. We’re also excited to help shape future design talent.
Who We’re Looking For
You jump out of bed every morning brimming over with innovative design solutions. You are eager to refine your skills by working side by side with industry experts. It’s your dream to apply your design skills to real projects and to come up with real solutions, keeping in mind the constraints of the target audience, schedule and budget. Specific responsibilities include conceptualizing and articulating aesthetic and functional solutions; participating in design reviews; and assisting in the creation of documents through sketches, renderings, models, mechanical drawings and written reports. Finally, you’re flexible, willing to take on any task, and equally happy to work on your own or as part of a team. If you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and get to work on projects that are shaping the future, drop us a line.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a. Essential Qualifications)
- Experience: Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Masters degree program with a focus on Interior Design; a portfolio of projects documenting the ability to develop design solutions (through research, sketching, and final layout); On point organizational skills, time management and a high attention to detail
- Special skills: a good understanding of materials, finishes and color selection; Competency in Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote is a plus
- Passion: Creating, sketching, and implementing designs for the future
- Role: Supporting the Interior design team in a variety of ways
- Personality: Creative, collaborative, flexible, proactive; highly motivated
TEAGUE offers a paid, hourly internship for a duration of 3-4 months
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of TEAGUE's Employees
Karen designs products which meet client goals and satisfy consumer expectations, utilizing insights from a variety of disciplines in order to find elegant project solutions.
Back to top