TEAGUE’s Human Resources Generalist collaborates to foster and develop a culture that ensures we align the right people with the right opportunities, energizes and develops our talent to do their best work, and provides effective consultation and delivery of strategic people solutions that enable successful business outcomes.
Why We Need This Position
We want TEAGUE to be famous for its products and impeccsable design, of course, but we also want it to be known as a fabulous place to work. It’s HR’s job to ensure that TEAGUE employees are successfully oriented, trained, integrated, engaged and supported so they can do their best work. In short, we want TEAGUE employees to be happy to come to work each day. That’s where you come in.
Who We’re Looking For
A personable, upbeat and diplomatic individual with great communication skills, a no-detail-is-too-small approach to organization, and solution-oriented mindset. First and foremost, you believe that building genuine, trusted relationships is the foundation for a productive and happy work place. Whether you are working with the other studios or within HR, you are a collaborative and pro-active team member with a clear voice and point of view. You are a natural diplomat when it comes to helping to resolve complex employee relations issues, and are able to provide coaching and guidance to foster effective working relationships. Second, you know that success is the result of proper training, setting clear expectations, and delivering honest, constructive feedback. You are prepared to participate in firm-wide and studio-based initiatives such as performance management, succession planning, talent review and development, salary review, resource planning, business planning, and goal-setting. Third, you enjoy the prospect of onboarding new employees and providing them with a proper introduction to TEAGUE. Fourth, you have a good grasp of the legal requirements, logistics and administrative details of HR. You’re knowledgeable about local, state and federal employment law changes, filings and proceedings and prepared to provide HR policy guidance to studio managers and HR staff. You’re unfazed by the more technical aspects of the job, such as ensuring compliance with required legal postings; processing candidate background checks; and completing and verifying all employee documents. Finally, you are a model of discretion, integrity, and credibility, able to frame issues clearly and express your point of view with proper tone and good judgment. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and like the prospect of supporting a positive, smooth-running workplace, we’d love to talk to you.
What We Just Said, Now in 5 Bullet Points (a.k.a., Essential Qualifications):
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred; minimum of 5 years experience in a generalist role demonstrating progressive growth in scope and responsibility; demonstrated problem solving, decision-making and collaboration skills; demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to encourage and facilitate dialogue to discover hidden issues and solve them balancing the needs of TEAGUE and its employees; experience developing and delivering training and strategic communications to groups; up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging trends and best practices in the HR profession and business in general; knowledge of and experience with the requirements of effective change management, culture building and engagement
- Special skills: Exceptional presentation, communication and writing skills; excellent critical thinking, follow-through, prioritization and organizational skills; proficient with numbers: calculations, analysis, trending, identifying patterns, relational data, basic statistics; advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; able to work with technology as well as manual systems
- Passion: Creating a supportive, inviting and engaging workplace
- Role: Supporting a wide variety of HR initiatives, from orientation to training to conflict resolution
- Personality: Diplomatic, empathetic, personable, organized, collaborative, self-initiated
DOE - Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
At TEAGUE, we value diversity. We search the globe, literally, to find and attract top talent from diverse backgrounds.
TEAGUE is an EEO/AAP employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to top