Vice President, Technology Operations and Support Services (New York)
The technology team at Teach For America is looking for an outstanding Vice President (VP), Technology Operations & Support Services (TO&SS). This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who have experience at the senior level and can lead an infrastructure and services team for a national organization. We are determined to build and sustain an outstanding reputation of quality infrastructure, process and service operations. The appropriate candidate for this position will be a detail-oriented and organized professional. This role is expected to be a technical leader that can guide the Infrastructure and Operations teams to great outcomes.
Our team loves to collaborate. We partner with every other team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff and corps members use to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy game nights, quarterly trivia outings, and themed potlucks.
The Information Technology (IT) believes the vast majority of its work is in service to ensuring a strong and cohesive Teach For America. IT designs, delivers, and maintains critical systems and infrastructure that are needed across the TFA network. IT, led by a Chief Information Officer, does this through the collaborative orchestration between 150 staff members that drive results through its various sub-teams (Software Engineering & Delivery, Solutions, Strategy & Planning, and Tech Ops & Support Services). The work of IT requires highly specialized skills and the types of services and solutions provided by IT are more cost effective and practical at scale.
This position reports to the CIO and provides strategic and tactical planning and implementation guidance surrounding the security, compliance, performance, scalability and standardization of Teach For America’s infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Manages a team of 50+ IT infrastructure professionals responsible for hiring, retaining, mentoring and building a top notch team within IT
- Develops and implements a Technology Operations & Support Service strategy that aligns with the mission and goals of Teach For America
- Creates and implements a well-defined technology roadmap taking into account; innovation, industry trends, automation, Run/Grow/Transform
- Guides the design, implementation and management of infrastructure projects, reports on status, resources, risks and communicates with senior leaders
- Serves on the Senior IT Leadership & Technology Strategy Committee and provides partnership and guidance around technology infrastructure and support
- Financial Management: Budget planning, management, forecasting, cost analysis and improvement plans
- Develops and manages vendor partnerships and customer relationships, RFP’s, vendor selection, contract negotiation
- Develops and sustains a Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Manages key operational processes and service levels for networking, server, storage, database, applications, and service desk operations
- Plans and delivers sufficient technical infrastructure capacity and ensure alignment with business expectations and requirements
- Oversees infrastructure architecture and provide a structured approach to shaping the overall infrastructure components and standards
- Provides IT Service Management best practice for IT service delivery
- Extensive acumen and experience leading and managing teams that plan, execute and manage the following (not-exhaustive) technical services for multi-level organizations:
- IT Architecture & Network Management
- IT Processes
- IT Service Management
- IT Security
- Leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior management and key stakeholders
- Working understanding of various technologies with ability to link business processes with technical solutions
- Experienced manager, mentor, and team builder who invests in others , motivates peers and works well with others
- Exceptional strategic thinking and structured problem solving skills
- Ability to be a visionary, strategic, and analytical leader with relationship-building skills
- Exemplifies Teach For America’s core values and be passionate about Teach For America’s mission
- Ability to operate and thrive, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong documentation, organization, time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in various business productivity systems
- Demonstrated record of achievement using these skills preferably in an IT organization
- This position is located on site in our New York National Office.
- BS/BA with 10 to 15 years of technology experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high growth organization, with at least 7+ years in a similar senior IT management position
- Certifications a plus (ITIL, MCSE, CCNA)
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Back to top