Senior Associate, Continuum Support and Experience – Part-Time (Denver, CO)
Teach For America-Colorado sits at the forefront of innovation in the Colorado education community and the Teach For America network. This is the result of a visionary strategic plan, a remarkable culture, and a world-class team.Teach For America-Colorado is on the hunt for Senior Associate, Continuum Support and Experience to enhance the work of this incredible team. This is a part-time role, working roughly 25 hours per week.
Teach For America seeks a Senior Associate, Continuum Support and Experience (SA-CSE) in the Colorado region to coordinate communication for over 1700 members in three cities to ensure that every member has the support they need to be a successful leader. The SA-CSE will embody the cultural pillars of our region-love, learning and excellence, to enhance the experience our members across Colorado have with the organization. This role will work closely with members around AmeriCorps enrollment, communications, and our loan repayment program. The SA-CSE will report to the Managing Director, Continuum Support and Experience, and will work closely with all members of the Colorado regional team.
The right person for this role is motivated by:
- Our mission, living our core values, and working with a team to close our state’s opportunity gap
- Supporting the individual and collective leadership of our corps members along the continuum: from matriculation through alumni hood
- A desire to play a role in our regional team culture
- Learning from both accomplishments and challenges through reflection and proactively seeking feedback
- Creating and maintaining systems that allow for streamlined communication between Teach For America staff, corps members, alumni and community partners
- Working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, results-oriented culture
- Being a self-starter and operating independently
In the state of Colorado, the atmosphere is right for change. Dozens of education and advocacy nonprofits, policies focused on teacher quality and student achievement, and leaders at every level of the system are creating an ecosystem that is transforming education in our state. Teach For America has been partnering with communities in Colorado since 2007. Today, our 150+ corps members teach in numerous school districts in Denver, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo, and our over 1500 alumni play a critical role in the creation of transformational classrooms, schools, and systems for all of Colorado’s children.
Continuum Support and Experience Team Initiatives (20%)
- Support build out of team projects and initiatives as needed
- Utilizing member survey data, make recommendations and create initiatives to achieve ambitious satisfaction and experience results across our base of members
Corps Member Data Infrastructure (30%)
- Build and maintain systems that provide timely and accurate records of corps member contact information and placement area
- Build and maintain systems that successfully help corps members navigate AmeriCorps program requirements
Member Communications (40%)
- Build out and maintain the systems and technology necessary to successfully communicate information to corps members and alumni in an easy-to-navigate, user-friendly way
- Manage regional corps member loan communications and processes
- Manage the TFA Colorado google hub or external member facing sites
- Organize and send out weekly communication to Denver based corps members
- Lead weekly communication meeting with members of the continuum
- Collect metrics and develop systems to constantly improve communication
- Develop and execute social media campaigns targeted at engaging corps members and alumni via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
Fulfilling our Mission through Organizational and Regional Priorities (10%)
- Participate in our region’s corps member selection, matriculation, induction, and ongoing engagement initiatives
- Attend regional retreats held throughout the year, monthly staff meetings, and occasional conferences and trainings
- 2+ years of professional experience preferred, experience working within the education field preferred
- Experience creating and managing systems strongly preferred
- Experience working on teams
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Travel: Occasional Travel required – approx. 2-4 times per year
- Exceptional organization skills and detail orientation
- Strong personal responsibility; takes ownership for quality work
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage many different projects at once and utilize time effectively
- Flexibility and optimistic approach: commitment to overcoming obstacles and generosity of spirit
- Strong initiative
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to manage up
- Strong written communication
- Proficiency with suite of Microsoft tools including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Google Sites
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top