Recruitment Manager, Rolling Application
Teach For America seeks Recruitment Managers (RMs) who will exert the leadership necessary to build movements for educational equity either on college campuses, within professional sectors, or in communities of leaders across our country. As a Recruitment Manager, you create visions and strategic plans for your campaigns, cultivate diverse top prospects to act, and inspire a broad network of constituents to build a large, diverse, and highly talented corps. As a Recruitment Manager, you will simultaneously build awareness and conviction across your markets, working to grow the leadership mindsets and skills of your audiences. As a Recruitment Manager, you have the privilege and important work of being the engine of our movement - recruiting our largest, most diverse, most talented group of leaders into this movement! By meeting your ambitious goals, each Recruitment Manager has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of children. As part of a team that values leadership development, you will receive extensive training, ongoing coaching, and professional development to enable you to continue to innovate and achieve success.
About the Recruitment Team
Our recruitment team’s charge is to recruit a high quality, diverse and large corps that meets the needs of our regions. To meet this responsibility, the Recruitment Team engages with thousands of leaders across college campuses and professional career sectors to draw attention to educational inequity in the US and inspire great people to choose the corps as a means of expanding opportunities for kids.
Create and manage an ambitious campaign to recruit talented, diverse individuals to join the corps. To do so, as a Recruitment Manager, you will:
- Identify, cultivate, and influence diverse top-talent leaders to apply to and join Teach For America
- Mobilize and invest outstanding corps members and alumni to support our recruitment efforts on campus and in communities
- Build and maintain relationships with student leaders and/or partner organizations, and collaborate with them to grow this movement
- Invest the key stakeholders and “gate-keepers” of your targeted future corps members (e.g., administrators, faculty members, career service representatives, advisors, presidents of organizations, etc.) to help execute an effective recruitment campaign
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences to deliver a compelling vision tailored to their motivations and interests
- Grow the leadership mindsets and skills of underclassmen and accepted applicants
Manage campaigns to achieve ambitious goals through strategic planning and tight execution. To do so, as a Recruitment Manager, you will:
- Analyze the recruitment landscape to create a vision and strategic plan for campaigns
- Set, define, and meet ambitious yet realistic goals that are aligned with larger organizational objectives
- Input and utilize data to make the best decisions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of individual strategies and the overall recruitment campaign
- Develop, implement, and track recruitment strategies designed to increase mass visibility for one’s targeted audience (be it college students, professionals, etc.).
- Manage extensive internal and external communications
- For campus-based RMs> Manage part-time students - Campus Campaign Coordinators - to build awareness of Teach For America and the issue of educational inequity
Work with teams across the organization to build the strength of our movement. To do so, as a Recruitment Manager, you will:
- Participate in corps member selection and matriculation
- Cultivate second year corps members and alumni for staff positions
- Mobilize corps members and colleagues from regional teams to help drive recruitment campaigns forward
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teach For America alumni strongly preferred
- At least 2 to 5 years of work experience required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exemplifies Teach For America’s core values
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, results-oriented environment
- Can develop and cultivate relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- Effectively works across lines of difference with colleagues and constituents
- Communicates with various audiences from diverse backgrounds in an engaging and inspiring way (both verbally and written)
- Inspires committed and positive action toward individual and organizational goals
- Uses data to make decisions and guide informed and timely decisions and uses sound judgment to prioritize actions
- Proactive about trying to get better at whatever they do; reflect on successes/failures, seek feedback, incorporate feedback immediately to improve, ask for the help or resources they need to be successful, and assume personal responsibility
- Tracks tasks and follows through on execution plans
- Comfortable working virtually with team
- Eager to recruit; energized by connecting with a different person every hour, all day long, most days of the week - either in-person (such as with campus-based) or over the phone (such as with Professional Recruitment Team, mobilization, or emerging)
- Happy to build community and team, virtually
- Equally satisfied in achieving goals collaboratively and independently
- A driver's license may be required based on regional needs
- Willingness to travel and work some weekends and evenings
- Please note that not all of the locations have openings at this time, so please be as expansive as possible with your location preferences. We’ll get back to you if your field experience and geographical preferences are a match for any openings that arise.
- Learn more about the Recruitment Team and the work and experiences of recruitment team members at https://sites.google.com/a/teachforamerica.org/e-center/.
- If you have questions or troubles while applying, please contact [email protected]
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for the recruitment manager position, you must complete these parts below:
- Submit a short online profile and resume.
- Complete the online application form, which includes:
Responding to a series of short answer questions and diversity reflection
Submitting a link to a video of your classroom instruction or presenting to a group
- Completing the Preferences Survey
- Request up to three professional contacts to complete a reference survey on your behalf; your references must submit their form within 2 weeks of your application submission.
We estimate that it will take at least two to three hours to complete all the activities for this application.
Part 1 – Profile and Resume: Submit a short online profile and resume (which includes your undergraduate GPA) by scrolling to the bottom of this page and clicking on “Apply.” You must be logged into the applicant system to begin the application process. Once you have uploaded your resume, completed the short online profile, and clicked “submit,” you will have completed the first part of the application process.
Please note: You do not need to submit a cover letter for this position.
Part 2 - Online Application Form: After reviewing your profile and resume, we will invite some candidates to move forward in the interview process. You will receive an email from [email protected] titled “RM Application Started.” In this email, you will find instructions for accessing and completing the second part of the application process: the online application. Your application will not be complete until all portions of the online application have been submitted.
If you have any questions or concerns about the recruitment manager application, please email [email protected]
Share| |Email this job
Back to top