Project Manager (New York City, NY)
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of major technology development initiatives, using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
This is highly impactful work of enterprise scope which includes project planning, scope management, risk management, change management, budget and resource planning, cost estimation, tracking and issue resolution. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the Project Manager is responsible for making appropriate tradeoffs with project teams to proactively mitigate any issues or risks.
The Project Manager will be involved in multiple, concurrent IT projects of varying durations and will report to a Senior Project Manager.
Our team loves to collaborate. We partner with every other team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff and corps members use to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage multiple IT projects using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Develop and maintain cost-conscious project plans that meet organizational objectives and timelines for both technology solutions and business process improvement.
- Identify key project stakeholders both internally and externally, including vendors, and managing those relationships in support of a comprehensive approach to each project.
- Proactively manage and mitigate issues and risks.
- Manage organizational resources efficiently – time, people and budget.
- Follow processes and methodology set forth by the PMO.
- Manage and communicate the status of active and pending projects to all stakeholders on a regular basis, including business stakeholders and development teams.
- Successfully manage the delivery of projects including end-to-end management, from needs analysis and requirements gathering through development and user acceptance testing and training.
- 3+ years of demonstrated project management delivery across different types of high-risk, high-value IT projects
- Experience with estimation, budgeting and project planning.
- Strong knowledge of PMI standards and SDLC
- Knowledge of PMI standards and of the software development process.
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex technical projects.
- Ability to come up to speed quickly and hit the ground running.
- Must be able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to senior management
- Operates effectively, and with a positive attitude, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the strong ability to drive results.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; remove barriers, influence stakeholders and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development process a plus
- Detailed knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project and Jira
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP (PMI) certification is highly desirable
- Agile / Scrum Certification (CSM) is a plus
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Back to top