Managing Director, Executive Director Recruitment - Apply by 12/19 (Flexible)
The Talent Acquisition Team is seeking a second recruiter to identify, steward and hire our next regional Executive Directors (EDs). The recruiter will support or directly own a slate of ED searches, in partnership with our Regional Field Executives who directly support our EDs. He/she will drive a highly strategic hiring process from start to finish. As we evolve our operating model and strengthen our partnership with regional boards and local communities, the recruiter will be charged with determining how best to engage these stakeholders in our hiring processes to ensure we are hiring incredible leaders who embrace what is possible for kids across this country. Exceptional candidates are those with experience recruiting and hiring executives, designing and implementing strategic hiring processes. In addition to executing searches, he/she will be a part of our executive talent recruitment team and will develop and implement strategic projects that aim to strengthen our overall pipeline of executive talent (i.e. succession planning, partnerships with diverse national organizations, contributing to internal executive talent fellowships, etc).
Teach For America is committed to being an inclusive and equitable workplace where individuals can grow and thrive. Our team is essential to sustaining that supportive environment. We find, empower, and develop people to do great work. We support them as they live our core values and maximize their impact with schools and communities. We also create opportunities for leadership growth, support the people priorities of other teams, and lead workforce needs like benefits, staff support, and systems administration.
- Own a slate of regional ED openings and see them through a successful hiring outcome
- Develop and apply a rigorous and thoughtful hiring process from end-to-end, that engages multiple stakeholder groups (hiring manager, board, staff members, candidates) and enables us to capture the clearest evidence against our ED profile, positioning our eventual hire for success
- Craft clear, strategic communications throughout the hiring process to appeal to candidates, and apprise stakeholders of our progress
- Understand our evolved ED profile, and determine how best to market it to attract the best talent to lead in our regions
- Contribute to team-wide projects focused on developing stronger long-term benches (i.e. succession planning, partnerships with diverse national organizations, contributing to internal executive talent fellowships, etc).
- 3-5 years of experience recruiting executive talent for non-profits strongly preferred
- Track record of achieving ambitious results when working with multiple stakeholders you have influenced, even when not directly managing all players
- Proven outcomes as a skilled project manager, balancing a high volume of information across multiple processes with ease
- You make the process work for all stakeholders by designing a thoughtful, rigorous end-to-end ED hiring process.
- You are a skilled communicator, adept at developing strong written communications, and influencing decision makers at all stages of the process (candidates, hiring managers, board members) to develop strong outcomes.
- You demonstrate exceptional judgment, and can use this to build strong hiring processes to collect the most critical evidence and inspire trust in our process.
- You are a natural networker, and get great energy from reaching out to pursue top prospects for the ED role, as well as developing connections that help build our longer term bench. You develop trusting relationships with ease and inspire confidence.
- You are a creative problem solver and can apply this strength to improve our hiring process, market an evolved ED profile and create urgency around hiring from multiple players.
- Ability to travel 6-8 times per year (2 team conferences, 2 Leadership Team meetings, 1-3 additional conferences and sub-team gatherings); additional short trips (1-2 days) may be necessary for on-site regional interview support
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Back to top