Managing Director, Data, Analytics, & Reporting (Flexible)
As the Managing Director of Data, Analytics, & Reporting, you will lead a team that shapes both how the organization engages with top-line data on all critical outcomes (programmatic, financial, operational) and how it engages with the detailed data used to train, and support corps members and alumni. Specifically, you will set the vision for how data on our most fundamental measures of success is delivered to regional and national stakeholders, and you will execute on that vision by leveraging your abilities to design and produce analyses, reports, and visualizations that drive decisions and to build and leverage the feedback channels needed to do so most effectively. In the process, you will develop your team into the organizational center of expertise on data reporting and visualization. As the head of the team, you will also spearhead collaboration with our Technology team to ensure our data modeling lines up with our on-the-ground needs. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual with exceptional analytic and technical data skills, advanced communication and visualization skills, and a track record of successful team leadership. The ideal candidate will also excel at building relationships and managing multiple stakeholders with competing priorities. The Managing Director of Data, Analytics, & Reporting will report directly to the Vice President of Data, Reporting, & Insights.
The Org-Wide Learning and Strategy (OWLS) team is charged with accelerating our organizational learning and helping to ensure that the resulting knowledge drives strategic and tactical decisions at every level of the organization. We do this through a wide variety of different supports and structures: working with leaders across the organization to define and evolve our organization learning agenda; leading internal and external research efforts; providing consultative support on high-leverage problems of strategy and practice; ensuring that data, analytics, and reporting are driving impact at every level of the organization; organizing our knowledge management work; designing and facilitating regional impact reviews centered on learning; and providing central expertise and consultative supports on how adults most effectively learn, adapt, and change.
- Set the vision and direction for organizational reporting on top-line data on all critical outcomes and on detailed data used to train and support corps members and alumni
- Manage the design and production of reports and visualizations that
- Share data on fundamental measures of organizational success;
- Present information in a way that maximizes insight and action for end users; and
- Leverage sophisticated technical approaches to enable dramatically enhanced team productivity
- Develop and utilize vibrant feedback channels to enhance and support these reports
- Design and evolve the core data analytics tools of the team, with a particular focus on those that enhance automation
- Partner with the Technology team to restructure the way we collect, organize, store and manage data in one or more key areas
- Grow the skills and expertise of team members in data visualization and reporting
- Build and maintain a thriving, inclusive team culture that inspires your team to do their best work and bring their whole selves to the job
- 6-8 years of experience organizing and managing robust data, conducting analysis, and displaying information in ways that drive organizational decisions
- At least 2 years of management or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Distinctive impact/progression of increasing responsibility in previous work
- Teach For America staff/alumni preferred but not required
- Ability to travel to in-person meetings in various U.S. cities 2-3 times/quarter
- Occasional weekend or evening work is required
- Working with colleagues who are based all over the country – using remote technologies
- Strong experience using statistical software packages (i.e. SAS, STATA, R, or similar) to clean, aggregate and analyze data to extract meaning and insights
- Advanced proficiency and comfort using Powerpoint to take complex information and make it easy for end users to interpret; proficiency with sophisticated data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) to accomplish the same preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to illustrate findings
- Demonstrated success managing a team to strong outcomes
- Fluency with sophisticated data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or SAS Analytics) to provide complex information in approachable, digestible bites
- Strong understanding of statistical methods
- Familiarity with survey data and methodology preferred.
- Ability to work in partnership with other teams throughout the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Demonstrated cultural competence, critical consciousness, and ability to work across lines of difference
- Deep critical thinking and problem solving skills, driven by clear, rigorous logic
- Ability to set vision and direction in dynamic environment, leveraging input from multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Deeply invested in and inspired by Teach For America's core values and understands that the work that we do has an extraordinary impact on teachers & children
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred (with coursework focusing on data analysis)
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff:
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top