Manager, Recruitment (Rolling Application; Summer 2017 Start Date)
- The formal, centralized Recruitment Manager application window is closed. We are currently accepting applications on a rolling timeline to fill remaining openings as they become available. Current RM position openings are located in:
- Winston-Salem, NC (or Charlotte, NC or Raleigh / Durham, NC)
- Madison, WI (Milwaukee or Chicago)
- New York City
- Please read the 'Apply Now' section of this job description for full context about the application process.
The Recruitment Team
Teach For America's Recruitment Team (RT) is charged to recruit a high-quality, diverse, and large corps that fuels the broader movement towards educational equity across our 53 placement regions. In this pursuit, the Recruitment Team engages with leaders across college campuses and professional career sectors to discuss the challenges of educational inequity in the nation and inspire great people to choose the corps as a means of expanding opportunities for kids and building a long-term commitment to social equity.
Teach For America seeks Recruitment Managers (RMs) who will exert the leadership necessary to build movements for educational equity amongst communities of leaders across our country. As a Recruitment Manager, you will create visions and strategic plans for your campaigns, identify and cultivate diverse top prospects to act, and inspire a broad network of constituents to build a large, diverse, and talented corps. You will be on the front lines of the Recruitment Team's undeniably consequential work, fueling TFA's Theory of Change and the broader movement for social equity across the nation. Aligned with the Recruitment Team's deep conviction around leadership, you will receive extensive training, ongoing coaching, and professional development to innovate and achieve success
As a Recruitment Manager, you will...
Set bold vision and direction for your ambitious campaign to inspire, enlist, mobilize extraordinary, diverse future leaders - people who have massive leadership potential and are on a trajectory to be leaders and influencers in our society - to become Teach For America corps members and join the movement for educational equity.
- Analyze the recruitment landscape to clearly articulate a vision for the long term success of a recruitment campaign on a college campus or within a professional portfolio
- Set and define strategy to achieve goals for outcomes tailored to college or professional cohort
- Design the communication, cultivation, and marketing strategies for your college campuses or for professional cohort, utilizing internal resources
Build, develop, and cultivate strong relationships and networks - both internally and externally - to advance your recruitment campaign. Influence candidates, external stakeholders, and internal partners to achieve bold outcomes.
- Identify, cultivate, and influence diverse leaders to apply to and join Teach For America.
- Communicate through multiple channels with diverse audiences to deliver a compelling, engaging message tailored to their motivations and interests.
- Meet with prospects to inspire and mobilize using appropriate RT messaging, resources, and interpersonal awareness.
- Effectively plan and execute events that deepen impact and contribute to pipeline growth.
- Mobilize and invest outstanding corps members, alumni, and fellow TFA staff to support recruitment efforts.
- Build and maintain relationships with campus leaders, partner organizations, and aligned communities to collaboratively grow conviction around the movement toward educational equity
- Invest, engage, and leverage key stakeholders and "gatekeepers" in your campus or professional community in your recruitment campaign (e.g., administrators, faculty members, career service representatives, advisors, presidents of organizations, etc).
- Recruit, hire and/or manage CCCs (Campus Campaign Coordinators), Campus Ambassadors, and/or other interns to meet objectives, and build awareness of Teach For America and the issue of educational inequity across the campus.
- Work with Recruitment Associates, Managing Directors, and other internal teams to address challenges within campaigns and make appropriate decisions to optimize your success.
Work across teams to plan, execute, and improve strategy relentlessly, using data-based tools to identify gaps, patterns, and opportunities within campaigns and develop solutions to achieve outcomes.
- Timely and accurately input and utilize data to ensure consistency and relevancy in reporting the progress of your campaign.
- Analyze data and trends associated with your campaign, utilizing the right data and correctly identifying the opportunity or challenge.
- Solve for problems through analysis and strategic reasoning, prioritizing choices and actions that matter and taking into account ambiguity and time considerations. Design and execute a plan for solutions in your campaign alongside Recruitment Associates.
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Teach For America alumni strongly preferred
- At least 2 to 5 years of work experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A strong RM candidate...
- Embodies deep conviction around Teach For America's mission and Theory of Change and exemplifies TFA's core values. Holds deep belief that educational inequity is a massive, urgent injustice, TFA plays a crucial role in long-term fight for change, and that we need to enlist as many outstanding, diverse leaders as we can to join the corps.
- Deeply believes in the necessity of building a diverse coalition of people working toward educational equity and successfully builds relationships across multiple lines of difference.
- Is oriented around attaining ambitious, reasonable goals (both individual and collective), and has a strong track record of achievement.
- Communicates clearly and compellingly (both verbally and written) across lines of difference and in multiple contexts - 1:1, small groups, large audiences.
- Is a natural connector and networker, adept at developing and cultivating relationships and networks, especially across lines of difference, in order to achieve results.
- Maintains honesty, optimism, and clarity in times of conflict, tension, and disagreement.
- Thinks strategically, using data to make timely and informed decisions to prioritize actions that matter and have the greatest impact on campaign effectiveness.
- Always seeks to grow and improve - reflect on successes/failures, seek feedback, incorporate feedback immediately to improve, ask for the help or resources they need to be successful, and assume personal responsibility.
- Demonstrates ability and motivation to build community and team, virtually and in-person.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, results-oriented environment.
To be considered for this role, you must complete 2 steps:
STEP ONE- Submit a short online profile and resume (you do not need to submit a cover letter for this application). Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the link to start your application. You must be logged in to apply. Once you complete the online profile, you will automatically receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org titled "Recruitment Manager Application Started." with full instructions on how to complete step 2.
STEP TWO- Complete all tasks outlined in the aforementioned email:
- Short Answer Questions
- Reference Submission
- Location Preferences
After successfully submitting all portions of the application, you will receive another email from email@example.com with the subject line, "Your Recruitment Manager application is complete!"
If, after evaluating your candidacy, you are a strong match for the role AND are a good fit for a specific opening on the team, you can expect to hear back from the RT Talent Team with next steps.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact RTstaffing@teachforamerica.org or visit https://www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/recruitment-team-opportunities
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top