Manager, Operations (Nampa, ID)
As the Manager of Operations, you will play a pivotal role in building a strong operational foundation for our region. You will work with team members to plan and execute strategies to maximize the team’s effectiveness and leverage your passion for organization and efficiency to create and maintain regional operational systems. Specifically, you will support (a) administrative and financial compliance efforts, (b) corps member training and coaching, and © community outreach and fundraising. The Manager of Operations will report to and provide critical administrative support to the Executive Director.
Teach For America – Idaho is proud to be in our second year as a region and in our partnership with Treasure Valley Schools. We currently support 28 teachers in 5 districts in the Treasure Valley as 40 alumni working in and out of the classroom in the region. Our small but mighty team values setting high goals and taking risks; collaborating and supporting each other; maintaining an orientation towards learning; and finding a balance between working hard and being happy and healthy people!
Corps Member Talent Management (40%)
- Point of contact for potential corps members interested in Idaho
- Manage corps member confirmation into Teach For America Idaho
- Manage corps members onboarding and matriculation, including hiring, testing, and certification requirements for interim licensure
- Manage AmeriCorps partnership and ensure compliance
Program Operations Support (30%)
- Plan and execute logistics for corps member programming and communications, in partnership with the Director of Program
- Manage tracking system for professional development attendance and AmeriCorps compliance
- Support logistics and establish systems for local alumni engagement efforts
Team Operations and Office Management (30%)
- Design, implement, and maintain team communication systems and structures
- Plan and lead team meetings and retreats (in coordination with the Executive Director)
- Creating and managing systems for data organization
- Design and manage staff towards fiscal compliance including tracking expenses, bill pay, and management of staff expenditures
- Onboard new staff members on office systems, technology, finance, and team culture
- Design, implement, and maintain office systems and structures
- Obtain & maintain office technology, space and resources; includes stocking inventory, managing mail, and transporting packages up to 50 pounds
- Provide exceptional customer service on-site to callers, visitors, external partners, local vendors, corps members and staff
- One to four years of work experience, ideally operational experience
- Travel 5-6 times per year and some evening and weekend work may be required, transport and lift up to 50 lbs., some evening and weekend work required to support events
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and love of logistics and support work
- Ability to make timely decisions and demonstrate good judgment
- Exceptional customer service orientation and an ability to think three steps ahead
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships & tailor approach toward the perspective of others
- Strong learning and growth orientation
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Back to top