Head of Digital Analytics (NYC)
As the Head of Digital Analytics, you will be responsible for establishing a program of data-driven marketing excellence at Teach For America. In this role, you will be responsible for driving key audiences including prospects, corps members, alumni, parents, and donors to the appropriate channels (web, social, email) in our ecosystem and for collecting measurable data that can be turned into insights. You will be responsible for the full spectrum of analytics and insights in addition to contributing to the acquisition strategy for online recruitment.
This is a new role that has been created to bring a level of strategic thinking and intelligence to Teach For America's most critical marketing and communication efforts. In this role you will be instrumental in helping Teach For America achieve its powerful mission to transform society through educational reform.
You will report to the Senior Managing Director of Insights and will serve as a key deputy in the leadership team of Teach For America's digital marketing organization.
Our Marketing and Communications team is charged with bringing to life Teach For America's mission and the collective impact of our network through storytelling. We drive the national brand and narrative for Teach For America, defining and stewarding the organization's brand identity, positioning, and key messages. We leverage strategic communications to rally the next generation of leaders to join Teach For America; to strengthen our community of corps members, alumni, staff and supporters; and to build broader understanding of our mission and impact in the context of educational inequity in America.
- Work with the Senior Managing Director of Insights to establish a program of measurement, where insights are driven from data and can be harnessed to help Teach For America achieve its goals
- Work with the Director of Paid Search and the Director of Paid Social to create a dashboard to track the efficacy of our digital media buys
- Provide ongoing intelligence and analysis on traffic driven by digital marketing tactics inside and outside of campaigns, and recommend a continuous cycle to improve our results
- Work with the Analytics team to track and report insights on user behavior and test potential variations in order to improve our performance
- Improve the mapping of measurements to user data within Teach For America's CRM (Salesforce) with the goal of increasing the ability to provide meaningful analysis
- In collaboration with the Senior Managing Director of Insights establish a process for turning data into insights, and for ensuring that these insights are informed by the expertise of colleagues in technology, content, user experience, and design
- Own the marketing scorecard, reporting results on an ongoing basis and in support of senior executive review and decision making
- Drive the improvement of Teach For America's measurement platforms and related tools
- Act as a "product owner" for a measurement dashboard that will be created in order to inform national and regional stakeholders of the various data sources available
- Establish a process for ensuring all web, social, and email data is properly tracked
- Ensure all teams within digital marketing know how to use data to optimize their efforts
- Advocate for and operate under an agile/Lean UX environment with confidence
- 8 years of experience in digital marketing and/or media at an agency, not-for-profit, or in a complex corporate context with a large national or multi-national organization
- Experience at an organization with a regional or distributed model preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in either paid search, paid social, or in an analytics role
- Hands-on experience with a variety of digital marketing and measurement platforms including: paid social (i.e. Facebook business manager, Facebook ads manager), paid search (i.e. GA/GA Premium, GDN), and analytics (Google)
- Demonstrated experience with Excel (e.g., Vlookups, Pivot tables, correlations) and experience using visualization tools (Tableau) highly preferred
- Experience with website satisfaction tools (e.g. ForeSee, iPerceptions), Adwords and Google Tag Manager, Business Objects, or other business intelligence tools, Pardot or other CRM systems, marketing automation, and A/B or multivariate testing tools
- Familiarity with social media publishing, listening and reporting tools, content marketing vendors, and display advertisers
- Familiarity with modern web technology, including Drupal (7+)
- Experience collaborating with other domain-specific marketing experts (content strategy, email, web, social) and working on joint marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience managing specialist vendors, agencies and marketing technology providers
- Experience in a web re-platform or large website build
- Expertise in a wide variety of measurement, data collection, and analysis methodologies
- Strong background in quantitative and qualitative research
- A track record for developing successful measurement and insight strategies for organizations across multiple channels, at scale, over the course of multiple content cycles
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Passionate about educational equity as well as a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
- Able to think big, generate ideas and drive solutions to complex problems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- An exceptional writer and oral communicator, including the skills to write in others' voices and in edit others' work
- Skilled in the art of persuasion, with a deep sense of humility and openness to the perspectives of others
- Able to maintain a sense of possibility in the face of obstacles, and balances both short- and long-term results
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- National travel for in-person meetings will vary throughout the year, but is estimated to include an average of 1 trip per month; some weekend and evening work expected
About the Organization
There are more than 16 million children growing up in poverty in the U.S., and less than 10 percent of them will graduate from college. These statistics are not a reflection of our children's potential; we know that children growing up in poverty can and do achieve at the highest levels. Rather, these statistics reflect the systemic lack of access and opportunity for children in low-income communities.
Teach For America (TFA) finds, develops, and supports an ever-expanding network of outstanding and diverse leaders committed to expanding opportunity for children in schools, school systems, and in every sector and field that shapes the context in which schools operate. Representing the diversity of America and sharing the experience of having taught successfully in our most challenging public schools, TFA corps members and alumni form a network of change agents inside and outside of education who are grounded in the tremendous potential of our most underserved children and connected to families and communities impacted by educational inequity.
Founded by Wendy Kopp in 1989, Teach For America has since expanded to 36 states and 53 regions, reaching more than 10 million students. Now 53,000 strong and growing each year, the TFA community is leading across all sectors, including as teachers, school and school system leaders, elected officials, policy and advocacy organizers, social entrepreneurs, and business and civic leaders. We support the individual and collective leadership of this network as they work hand-in-hand with students, families, and allies in the effort to realize educational equity and excellence for children across the nation.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff:
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top