End User Support – Level 1 (New York City, NY)
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute directly to the technical support experience for a large, distributed organization! As a Help Desk Manager you will support 2500+ users of our extranet portal and other key internal applications, ensuring that Teach For America staff members have the technology necessary to achieve “one day”. We are looking for candidates who love technology and who are oriented to and passionate about customer service. The Help Desk Manager will work on a variety of technical issues and provide high quality customer support to clients (internal and external). This position will work to ensure that service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded in terms of performance and defined metrics and benchmarks. It is also critical that they follow standards and processes to provide effective customer service and meet / exceed expectations.
The Information Technology Team is passionate about technology and collaboration to make a difference for our staff and Corps Members. We partner with every other team in the organization to create technology solutions that allow us to work more effectively and efficiently on the way to ensuring one day all children have access to excellent educational opportunities. To do so, we work with some of the biggest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise.
Our team loves to collaborate. We partner with every other team in the organization to create world-class technology solutions that staff and corps members use to more effectively and efficiently get all kids access to educational opportunity. To do so, we work with some of the largest names in technology, and leverage the latest software, equipment, and expertise. Our team works very hard, but we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy game nights, quarterly trivia outings, and themed potlucks where we get together to eat and explore each other’s cultures and favorite recipes.
- Provide Help Desk support on new hardware, operating system and workplace productivity software – Level 3 audio conferencing, Mac support, MaaS 360 enrollment for mobile devices, Skype for Business. – 45%
- Provide application support on cloud computing solutions which include Box.com, O365, OKTA, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Workday. – 25%
- Provide application support for internal and custom-developed applications which fuel the selection, admission, and training of our teaching corps (including our corps member selection portal, classroom data tracker, and scheduler). – 25%
- Work with IT project teams during planning and execution phases. Exercise judgment on behalf of users in developing test scenarios and performing application and workplace productivity tool testing. – 5%
- 1-3 years in a technical support environment with heavy emphasis on quality customer service
- Knowledge of Windows 7 in a managed desktop environment
- Plus: knowledge of Windows 10, Office 2016, Mac, smartphones, mobile devices
- Plus: knowledge of Service Now
- Ability to communicate with empathy, collaboration and efficiency
- Passion for supporting customers and dedication to constantly improving the support experience
- Understand the value in empowering users to self-service questions through proactive support tactics
- This position is located on site in our New York national office.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- A+ certifications a plus
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top