Director, Paid Social - Apply by 9/18 (NYC)
The Director of Paid Social will report to the Senior Managing Director of Insights and will be responsible for developing, optimizing, and managing our paid social tactics for campaigns and ongoing social media activities. You will work directly with other members of our marketing and digital teams to provide input and validate results of our marketing efforts across web, social, and email.
As the Director of Paid Social, you will be responsible for media planning and execution within our campaigns and throughout our ongoing social media activities. You will be responsible for creating and executing on our growth strategies, planning and managing paid social buys, reporting on the effectiveness of paid-supported content, and optimizing our paid social spend. In this role you will have an opportunity to think about the entire paid online ecosystem, with the potential of including branded content and other online advertising. Although this is not the core function of this role, it is an opportunity for growth.
Our Marketing and Communications team is charged with bringing to life Teach For America's mission and the collective impact of our network through storytelling. We drive the national brand and narrative for Teach For America, defining and stewarding the organization's brand identity, positioning, and key messages. We leverage strategic communications to rally the next generation of leaders to join Teach For America; to strengthen our community of corps members, alumni, staff and supporters; and to build broader understanding of our mission and impact in the context of educational inequity in America.
- Manage our paid social strategy with insight into budget allocation and audience targeting
- Collaborate with our social and content strategy teams, and other members of the insights team to provide strategic media planning and execution
- Recommend impactful social advertising vehicles consistent with our digital marketing strategies
- Deliver comprehensive campaign reporting of paid social results that includes performance reporting, revenue/cost analysis, and insights/recommendations for optimizing our marketing efficiency and effectiveness
- Proactively recognize and recommend changes or enhancements to our campaigns in order to improve the performance of our social and content, and help us achieve our ambitious goals
- Optimize our paid social spend and activities on a daily/weekly basis
- Develop new ways of looking at data to improve insights, enhance efficiency and effectively, and add new metrics
- Manage relationships with social media, content marketing vendors, and other 3rd party advertising platforms
- Institute and enforce workflow using project management tools and processes
- Test and evaluate new or emerging ad units/technologies
- Inform our marketing communications teams of the latest and greatest trends and tactics in social media, research, content and native advertising
- Work closely with publisher partners (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.) to collaborate on campaigns and participate in beta tests
- Partner with members of the larger digital marketing team to meet strategic objectives
- Work closely with external vendor partners to ensure flawless execution of primary research programs and digital analytics projects
- Translate new insights into actionable recommendations that help Teach For America achieve its objectives more efficiently and effectively
- Pro-actively seek and use existing data sources to address key client questions quickly and efficiently
- Assess the viability of other paid online activities and recommend strategies to use paid media to meet marketing objectives
- Advocate for and operate under an agile/Lean UX environment with confidence
- Meet specific annual quantitative goals for rallying the next generation of corps members through paid social
- 6-8 years of professional work experience working deeply with social media advertising and content marketing. Media agency experience and/or publishing background preferred
- Experience in developing robust, creative, and innovative paid social, native advertising, and content marketing programs in excess of $1mm annually
- Thorough digital media experience with cross-channel campaigns that feature integrated media planning including social, digital advertising, and search
- A strong understanding of cross channel planning, demonstrating expertise in coordination of digital and offline media efforts
- Extensive experience in writing and presenting reports to senior stakeholders
- Experience using paid social platforms (i.e. Facebook business manager, Facebook ads manager)
- A solid analytics background, including hands-on experience with analytics or digital media software, including but not limited to Google Analytics, social media publishing tools, listening and reporting tools, content marketing vendors, and display advertisers
- Experience with marketing and communications processes
- Experience collaborating on projects with multiple stakeholders, media partners, and outside vendors
Skills and Key Personal Attributes Include
- Passionate about educational equity as well as a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
- Able to manage, manipulate and generate insights from large data sets
- Knowledgeable about latest trends and tactics in social, content marketing, and paid media
- A strong strategic, critical thinker, and problem solver
- Exceptional at managing multiple projects with a keen eye to detail and data accuracy
- An excellent communicator
- Skilled in the art of persuasion, with a deep sense of humility and openness to the perspectives of others
- Able to maintain a sense of possibility in the face of obstacles, and balance both short- and long-term results
- Bachelor's degree required.
- National travel for in-person meetings will vary throughout the year, but is estimated to include an average of 1 trip per month; some weekend and evening work expected.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application. For more information, please contact [email protected] or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
About the Organization
There are more than 16 million children growing up in poverty in the U.S., and less than 10 percent of them will graduate from college. These statistics are not a reflection of our children's potential; we know that children growing up in poverty can and do achieve at the highest levels. Rather, these statistics reflect the systemic lack of access and opportunity for children in low-income communities.
Teach For America (TFA) finds, develops, and supports an ever-expanding network of outstanding and diverse leaders committed to expanding opportunity for children in schools, school systems, and in every sector and field that shapes the context in which schools operate. Representing the diversity of America and sharing the experience of having taught successfully in our most challenging public schools, TFA corps members and alumni form a network of change agents inside and outside of education who are grounded in the tremendous potential of our most underserved children and connected to families and communities impacted by educational inequity.
Founded by Wendy Kopp in 1989, Teach For America has since expanded to 36 states and 53 regions, reaching more than 10 million students. Now 53,000 strong and growing each year, the TFA community is leading across all sectors, including as teachers, school and school system leaders, elected officials, policy and advocacy organizers, social entrepreneurs, and business and civic leaders. We support the individual and collective leadership of this network as they work hand-in-hand with students, families, and allies in the effort to realize educational equity and excellence for children across the nation.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Meet Some of Teach For America's Employees
Manager, Teacher Leadership Development
Aimée supports new corps members, helping TFA’s first and second year teachers navigate the classroom and successfully educate students.
Back to top